1 20.00%
  • a litle secue

1 20.00%
  • not at all secure

3 60.00%

Thread: Internet / Web Radio Setup Question

Post Internet / Web Radio Setup Question

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know what a person needs to start and run an Internet talk radio show ie Equipment, Software Etc.??

I have been told I would be good in this area so I was exploring The possibilities..

Cheers
    [gloworange]The Only Way to be Safe is To Never Be Secure. [/gloworange]
    Benjamin Franklin

i think linux has something like that called ham radio

Hi
    If you are referring to HAM Radio, I allready Have one of those, My Call is W9FvW..

I actually was referring to WEB Based Talk Radio Medium

Thanks Anyway

Cheers
    [gloworange]The Only Way to be Safe is To Never Be Secure. [/gloworange]
    Benjamin Franklin

Internet radio is okay, but I don't listen to it very often.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

i dont know about what you would need to set up a _live_ show but if you were able to pre-record it you could use something like www.live365.com

you upload your playlist - can be songs or recordings whatever you want and for as small fee per month they do all the streaming for you.

The good thing about live365 is part of the fee you pay per month goes to the ASCAP, BMI and SESAC so you can play copyrighted material on your station as well as long as you own the original music CD

v_Ln

you can also do a live broadcast with live365 i just saw on the site

Studio365-Live 2.2 (Windows®)

Features

Create a broadcast by simple drag-and-drop operations in a matter of minutes.
    Keep thorough logs of your broadcast during the day, including the number of listeners for each song, any line-problems and whether any MP3 files were unusable.
    Monitor your line-quality for any signal dropouts helping you ensure the best possible listening experience for your audience.
    Use Winamp DSP plug-ins for special effects such as reverb or pitch control! Just drag a desired plug-in into the new Plug-ins directory, and it will show up in the Plug-ins menu. These can add special effects to your broadcast.
    Add in "live voiceover" announcements.
    Import Winamp playlists.
    Track time left for each song and playlist.
    Schedule playlists throughout the day.
    ... and much more!

yeah you could record your voice for the in-betweens turn into mp3 and blast it out. Last time i did web radio i used real player and some attacthment.

As for the ham radio thing, ham radio is radio enthusiests who have to buy licences for callsigns to talk to eachother, and they also have a kind of internet radio thing called packet radio which can run BBS's(and send emails to the net). Its kinda like the GPRS on mobile phones.