Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my religion theory

Nay, we have still stronger evidence of the proposition for which I now contend,
    viz.,that a sense of Deity is naturally engraven on the human heart, in the fact, that the
    very reprobate are forced to acknowledge it. When at their ease, they can jest about God,
    and talk pertly and loquaciously in disparagement of his power; but should despair, from
    any cause, overtake them, it will stimulate them to seek him,and dictate ejaculatory prayers,
    proving that they were not entirely ignorant of God, but had perversely suppressed feelings
    which ought to have been earlier manifested.
    Calvin
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

God gave mankind free will.

Therefore I use this will, to question his existence because I am drawn to the enormous amount of curiosity of things that make up an enormous existence in the universe. Therefore one could say I posses an enormous amount of understanding to its mechanics. I am, it appears; travesty to Christianity. ,because I am forbidden to question Gods divinity.

This is all I have to say :

When a frenchman monarch proposed the persecution of the Christians in his dominion. An old statesman and warrior said to him:

"Sire, the Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."

"So the hammers of infidels have been pecking away at this book for ages, but the hammers are worn out, and the anvil still endures. If this book had not been the book of God, men would have destroyed it long ago. Emperors and popes, kings and priests, princes and rulers have all tried their hand at it; they die and the book still lives."
    --- H.L. Hastings ---

That is my 2 cents ......
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

I for one, are glad we stopped burning witches who are possessed by the devil
    I think the torches have been replaced with car bombs

I'm not too concerned with asking the big questions, if you open your eyes and ears you can see answers you never would have seen in searching. If I died and found myself in front of god, i would try to sucker punch him, why you might ask? Have you every tried sucker punching someone omnipotent, i'd like to say that i've tried, if god was omnipotent he'd see that my actions are in good fun and not of anything hostile
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

I myself think the Big Bang Thoery is full of crap that only a liberal science teacher would beleive. The beleif of God is much more practical than a theory people can come up with. Religion itself has been around for thousands of mor years than the Big Bang Theory.

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    I myself think the Big Bang Thoery is full of crap that only a liberal science teacher would beleive. The beleif of God is much more practical than a theory people can come up with. Religion itself has been around for thousands of mor years than the Big Bang Theory.
    Your argument hardly holds water. People thought for thousands of years that the Earth was the center of the solar system, or the Earth is flat, or rats were spontaneously created by trash, and a myriad of other disproven "facts". Do you suggest we should still believe those theories because they were around for thousands of years more than our current "theories"?

Being the longest held theory is not equivalent to being correct.

I myself think the Big Bang Theory is full of crap that only a liberal science teacher would believe.
    Everyone who is a scientist is a liberal? The Catholic Church is full of liberals? Liberals in the South aren't deeply religious? lol. Religion has been around much longer that the Big Bang theory. It took mankind a long time to figure out that the Earth wasn't the center of the Universe. In fact later on in history, to even state that the Sun wasn't the center of the Universe (which was a rightfully a popular stance) was cause for execution or torture. So it's no surprise thousands of years went by before accurate observations could be made in reference to the cosmos. But going along the lines that a "religion is older than the big bang" you are absolutely correct, in fact go further, during the time of the bible's first testament, much older "pagan" religions were already established so their method of religion must be the right one, after all they are older. Do you realize it wasn't until the last century that mankind finally realized that germs and virus infections were what caused disease. Before that it was demons.

//edit Sorry didn't look at the date, came up at the top of my list for some reason.

Somebody bumped this thread so I decided to reply to it since it's already been drug up...

From what I've read here, it seems like you could call Athiesm and Evolutionism religions too. Both try and answer the same questions, it's just they try to answer them without the use of a god. Does a religion necessarily have to focus on a god? I think it comes down to what you find easier to believe: a belief in eternal matter or a belief in an eternal god. Either all matter that exists has *always* existed or there is a god that has always existed that created all matter that exists.
    In the end, the root question always comes down to "if there is no God, how did we get here?" to which I respond "how did God get there?"
    I suppose that's the same principle, except perhaps *slightly* more basic just b/c it goes back to the existence of matter and not our existence. There's a lot more to it of course, but I think that's what it boils down to.

I personally choose to believe that God (I'm aware that "God" is a step beyond "a god") has always existed just because I find it difficult to believe that so many incredibly complex things could come about on their own without intelligent design. There are many who find no traces of intelligent design. I look at stuff like how we have so many different systems in our bodies running in tandem to keep us alive. Our ability to think marvels me. Heh, I marvel that I am able to marvel . The convenient fact that water is the only chemical that won't freeze solid first (it's the only chemical that is lighter when solid which makes ice float and strangely act as an insulator allowing animals to live underneath) or how a solar eclipse can be so perfect....I see stuff like that as intelligent design while many others choose to see it as chance.

I suppose this is what the most basic decision comes down to, but no matter which one you choose, you still probably have "religion" if you count athiesm and evolutionism. Anybody agree/disagree?

*edit*
    Hah, RoadClosed noticed that it was old too ^.