Thread: Overclock an old IBM Aptiva (Can it even be done?)

Overclock an old IBM Aptiva (Can it even be done?)

Hey all, I'm trying to overclock an old IBM Aptiva PL-300 with a PII/450 chip... it's a 6th gen processor, and the mobo can support up to 850 mHz... is it at all possible to do?

Regards,

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

This site should help you
    http://www.overclockers.com/

You might not be able to to do it.

The reason I say this is because a lot of Computer Manafacturers including IBM lock down certain bios settings. This includes the frequency rate, which makes it impossible to overclock from the BIOS.

Now you might be able to try to overclock by setting jumpers, if the motherboard is old enough. Check out that link that dead addict gave you.
    =

Check this site out....although with the IBM computer it may not allow you to overclock it. I have and old IBM GL 300 and you cant overclock it. They have a weird BIOS.

http://www.romulus2.com/articles/gui...overclock2.htm
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Neither of my two IBMs are over-clockable.....same situation as CXGJarrod with the BIOS......yours is an older board so there might be jumpers, but I somehow doubt it.....the big boys don't like you doing that sort of thing to their kit?

Cheers

Thanks all... I'm pretty sure it won't work, but I'll keep trying, and let you know if I get anywhere.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede