Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how to hide a source code

how to hide a source code

is there any way i can hide the source code from my web site not to be visible via internet explorer ?

Thanks

This site might give you a few ideas.

Stopping Code And Image Theft

Hope it helps.

Cheers:
    DjM

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    What do you mean "source code"? Do you mean HTML or source code for an application?

If it's HTML, there is no way to hide it. You could use another language like PHP that requires it to be parsed by the server before displaying it but there are still ways around that.

If you mean source code for an application, don't post it up on the website.

Thread moved to Web Security.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

using server side scripting you can hide your code from being displayed by the web brouser. what happens is the client side script or the html code gets executed by the client web browser on the clients machine itself but you an specify that the script should run at the server e.g in VB script <script language="vbscript" runnat="server"> you can forsce the script to be executed at the server and the result is displayed to the client and not the code. using ASP , JAVA script , CGI Pearl Script you can dynamecly create page without showing the source to the client web browser. eg in ASP

responce.write "<html>"
    responce.write "<body>"
    responce.write "welcome to codeless web site"
    responce.write "</body>"
    responce.write "</html>"

You could simply follow this page instructions and let it do its thing...
    It is sord of a tut for hiding the code from the folks at Programming Talk.

http://www.programmingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3650

Want a good and straight answer to your question? ->
    Q : How to hide your code from everyone

A1 : Don't use HTML
    A2 : Don't post it online

Ninja Code Monkey
    There is no good and reliable way to hide html source. Any encoding you do has to be decoded and can be accessed if the person is sufficiently motivated.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Use PHP
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey

theres a program out there that encrypts the HTML source, with the aid of Java script is de-crypted but when you go to view source you get the encrypted version.
    WebBlock or something, it's pretty effective but frowned uppon because if you don't have js the page won't display, and it also disables copy-paste
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Why would you want to hide HTML? Unless you've come up with some radical, new way of coding HTML, there is no point in hiding it.