Thread: emule servers?

Blast From the Past

emule servers?

i recently downloaded edonkey2000 for linux and a gui for it
    i get to the point where it calls for a server
    i dont have any and when i search on google for a list of servers i get windows exe files
    do any of u recommend a server? or have a list?
    thanx
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Emule and Edonkey are the same crap...they both require a server.met file which i downloaded somewhere a long time ago...i will attach it to this post
    just download the file into your Emule directory and choose to replace the existing file then run Emule...my emule isnt working right, every search i do no matter for music software or video i get this 980MB file which filename is something like Please Update your Edonkey or something...well i do find that stupid so if your interest in P2P like that you might wanna check out Direct Connect which is similar to Emule
    PS. if you still use Emule...check out ShareReactor which has some cool downloads...and once you click on them it will add them to your Emule queue
    I also dunno if my server list is totaly new or if they have changed the server list...check out Edonkey2000 for a server list update
    peace

Blast From the Past
    i figured out how to get servers and when i get them from there site or what ever i connect to one and i either ses placed on que line or it will crash my ed2k core
    i am behind 2 routers
    one has nat the other does nothing but rout signals

Emule and Edonkey are really messed up right now...try the Direct Connect...i gave you a link above
    its a really great P2P software even better than kazaa and that stupid Emule...at least to me
    I use DC all the time because people share their files and i can get pretty much anything
    peace

Blast From the Past
    does it have a gui or is it command line

I've never used emule/donkey. I think that direct connect is only for m$, but I might be wrong. When I first looked at it several months ago... they didn't have a *nix client.

I have used limewire a bit. That is a snap to setup. DL the client , run the .bin

You may want to look for other clients too...

http://directory.google.com/Top/Comp.../File_Sharing/
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

http://ed2k.2x4u.de/index.html

In case you were still looking, this is the official list, and it's pretty constantly updated.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede