Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom titles

Custom titles

Just kinda wondering here what would you guys think if Senior members only could get a custom title if they wished?

I talked to intmon about it and he suggested it after I asked him If I could get the word grasshopper as my cutom title.

I think if we did this though we should have some type of restriction though. I know it would only be for senior members, but lets face it, its not to hard to become a senior member now days. Maybe we could have something where you have to be a senior member and have 150+ posts in security related forums or something similiar to that.

Let me know what you think.
    =

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    That sounds kinda fun. There'd have to be character limitations and such...
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I think it is a great idea it will make A.O more fun and breathe some life back into the site. and I think there should be a option where as you could change it if desired.

What do you think about the limitations though. By that I mean like how many posts, etc a person should have.
    =

I don't think it should really be based on post count, as that just provides another incentive to post whoring. As to security-related posts, I've mentioned before that they don't take into account the tutorials forum (which seems somewhat unfair) or places like web development where I tend to help out more.

Perhaps anyone with 1000+ APs would be eligible? Or even 1500 if you want to raise the limit higher.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I think it should be a combination of things (APs, posts in security areas, maybe min # of sec tuts). This makes it harder for a single person/member to "abuse" the system. Yes, it will happen that someone will do it but the more factors, the harder it is. So let's see what could be included:

- Positive AP count
    - Regular Post count
    - Security Post count
    - length as a member (1 year+)

Other items that could be included?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

1 more month and I'll of been here at AO for 1 year

I think that pretty much covers it Ms.Mittens

I like the idea of the postive AP count thing as you can't get a lot of greenies without doing something thats worth giving points out.

I do think that the limit shoud not be so high at 1000. Maybe it should, but theres some members here who don't have that many but do still post a little bit and have been around for a long time.

Maybe set it at 500 or so?

But if you don't think thats good then we'll do what you think would be a better number.
    =

500 antipoints seems like a good number it is not too high and not too low and shouldn't be that hard to earn that amount when helping and posting useful content.
    1 year bah I got 5 months to go before I am here that long

Teehee.. did anyone see this thread? http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231655

Ack nope didn't see that but I think this is better than bumping a thread that is from 07-02-2002 and have to either read the whole thread or click on the 3 to get to the last page