Thread: Problem with Linux installation......

Problem with Linux installation......

Hello friends....
    I have a problem with installation of Redhat linux 6.2. I dont understand why the instalation stop at screen(Installation Packages)....why?????????
    My linux cd is totally new and I installed linux on my old computer with the same cd..
    My new compuer is Intel P4 2GHz, and old was Intel 750MHz.
    I have a 40Gb Seagate harddisk on new system, and I partitioned it into 4pcs.(C,D,E and Linux Extended). In Linux extending partition I have hda7 as /root, hda8 as /boot and hda9 as swap.... Now the problem is that when I start installing, installation goes to Time zone Configuration screen, then Account Configuration screen, then Authentication Configuration Screen and then direct to Installing packages screen with 0 packages 0 size 0 time of installation and installation stop here.. Please help me. what the problem is ??????
    *Remember its not linux cd fault cd is ok working on my old machine....
    Hello Dear..

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    avols143, please remember that Antionline: How do I? is for questions about Antionline itself, not questions about how do you do something...

As for your install, I suspect that RH6.2 is a tad too old for that pentium and is having hardware issues. You might want to consider a more recent version like RH 8.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    avols143, please remember that Antionline: How do I? is for questions about Antionline itself, not questions about how do you do something...

As for your install, I suspect that RH6.2 is a tad too old for that pentium and is having hardware issues. You might want to consider a more recent version like RH 8.
    Red Hat 8 is old as well, how about looking at the newer versions of distros http://www.linuxiso.org
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19