Thread: mozilla treat

mozilla treat

Mozilla users...in the search bar, type "about:mozilla" (without the quotes) and tell me what you see....

This is what mine says:

And the beast shall be made legion. Its numbers shall
    be increased a thousand thousand fold. The din of a
    million keyboards like unto a great storm shall cover
    the earth, and the followers of Mammon shall tremble.

from The Book of Mozilla, 3:31

(Red Letter Edition)
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225...that's interesting....I wonder why the chapter and verse numbers are different.

lol...mindless amusement for mindless people such as myself.

Heh, looks like the developers got an easter egg in there somewhere. There used to be a feature in the old versions of netscape whether you typed something like about:[author] (where the author is the name of one of the developers) and you were treated with their bio page. IIRC, the feature was disabled because one of the developers went a bit overboard with his page and offended someone.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Mine says:
    And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror.

from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15
    Version: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031019
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

And the beast shall come forth surrounded by a roiling cloud of vengeance. The house of the unbelievers shall be razed and they shall be scorched to the earth. Their tags shall blink until the end of days.

from The Book of Mozilla, 12:10
    So far, that's 3 versions...I wonder how many there are?

I will try to find the code for the easter egg... haha

about:config is a useful one , there are quite a few about:* but i cannot remember any others as they tend to be trivial easter egg things.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots