Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If the year was 1500!

If computers weren't around, I'd invent them.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Who said I wanted to be a "good" pirate sumdumguy??

hehehe

I'd be Blackbeard.

I would be the most feared pirate on the seas traveling along with my trusty first mate Memory.

ARggghhhhhhh
    =

Banned
    I would be the most feared pirate on the seas traveling along with my trusty first mate Memory.
    Blackbeardddd, it's Captain Error not memory. goddamit

lets go plunder some houses.

lets go plunder some houses.
    You'd be beaten down by the police the minute you set foot on land.

Banned
    we're smarter then you think, Blackbeard, we'll dress up as normal folks. and you may have to shave, im sorry you had to hear that.

I'd be hunting down a tobacoo plant and beating some wood pulp into very thin paper
    gotta look after what important

v_Ln

I'd be hunting down a tobacoo plant and beating some wood pulp into very thin paper
    gotta look after what important
    You wouldnt have to do that if you were already rich..

OK.........you asked for it:

I would be wearing nappies(diapers) and pantihose.............the upside being that I would be carrying a couple of pistols and a rapier (57?) to deal with anyone who took the piss

I guess I would have to be a "big nob" so at least I could walk round in a suit of armour and look respectable?

Nah.....I just checked one of the tins and it says that Guinness wasn't invented until 1759

Catch you 260 years later guys

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    I'd be a viking - I've always fancied going out on one of those long-boat missions...

Still my sense of history is crap, I've no idea if the Vikings were doing their burn/plunder/rape thing then

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Steve,

Are you paying attention?......here is your history lesson:

The Vikings, being well pissed off (if not up) with lager, set sail to find proper beer. The looting wimmin & cattle scam was just a lie to trick their wives?

They came and settled in York (my hometown) and were well happy with John & Sam Smith's ... but all was not well in the former Roman fortress...they had heard a rumour of greater things abroad?

So they went and settled in Dublin and Limerick, but the Irish, being a tribe of great guile, waited a FULL (Irish joke there?) 700 years before inventing Guinness.

The Vikings were frustrated, and went home...........only to return in the spring of 1066 (under the leadership of a known lager lout called Harald Hadrada, King of Norway and Leeds United Manager) to check out the beer..........they sailed up the River Ouse and met Harold Godwinson at the battle of Stamford Bridge......they came third in a game for two.

In the meantime Guillaume le Batarde and his Norman henchmen were preparing to enter the brewery stakes and came to Hastings. Unfortunately, they were not given any southern beer, or they would certainly have got back on their ferries and resorted to their native cider and calvados chasers

So William the Conqueror became King of England (I use his English name now) and in 1172 his Norman descendants invaded Ireland...and stayed there for some time.

Despite their renowned guile, patience, and cunning, the Irish could only wait so long.......in 1759 Guinness was invented.

That would be about in the reign of GeorgeII or III?

Sorry to our international friends for the very "English" theme here

Cheers