Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVIDIA Driver causes Windows Issue

Banned
    Im about to buy this card:

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...&catoid=-10266

is it a good card ? or deal

btw: I have a Intel Whitney i810E motherboard Chipset. 382 MB SDRAM. It's an 800Mhz Computer. one 20 GB Hard Drive and one 60 GB HD. I have dual monitors. I'm running WinXP Pro buil 5.1.2600. Basicly what i want it to play the "latest games" without lagging. Can this graphic card bring me that performance.

AO French Antique News Whore
    GeForce 4? This is not a DirectX 9 card! This card won't be able to run the lastest video game unless you set the game to lowest video perfromance possible. Go for a Nvidia 5*** card or a Ati Radeon 9***
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Senior since the 3 dot era
    The MX series of the Geforce4 are the 'downgraded' videochipset series, so for games it's not the best choice, it's a budget choice. You should go for the newer ATI 9* or Nvidia FX5* series like said before.

I suggest when installing new Nvidia drivers always to remove manualy the old drivers otherwise you will get problems no matter what chipset.

I recently installed a Nvidia based Fx5600 card on an NForce2 based board (Asus A7N8X) and an ATI Radeon 9200 based card on another Nforce2 based board (Abit NF7-S) both systems run smooth and without any problems.

Banned
    Well i ended up buying a GeForce 2 MX 400 FXF. Halo (the latest game i got) runs pretty good on it, no lagging). Well i'll se later on i wanna upgrade my motherboard first and then i'll add some stronger video cards and so on....

damn memory a geforce 2?
    lol

I'm running a Geforce 4 Ti 4200, but I'm gonna upgrade to either a ATI Radeon 9600XT or a Geforce FX 5700 Ultra
    =

Banned
    I dont play games anyways, the only game i play is Unreal Tournament. So i dont realy need a good card, and i decided that im gonna stop spending money on the computer, there are more important things in life.

Man I've been out of the loop, waited three weeks (years it seems) to get my "new" motherboard RMAed.

A GeForce 2 huh Memory... how much did you pay for it? If you're not a big gamer, any video card will do just fine. These new games coming out take a lot to run, but I had to downgrade to a 64MB GeForce 3, and I am not having big issues. The graphics are the best, but with my overclocked system I can still keep the frame rate up. You know how it is, always so many factors.

Sorry I wasn't around for the video card debate. But I'm back, got all the overclocking sorted out with the new board, and got everything reinstalled. =)

Sincerely your AO mate...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]