Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP - FreeBSD Bridge / IPFilter Firewall Setup

Hmm... Just checked my /var/log/messages file and the only line in there is:

logfile turned over due to size>100K

Anyone know what exactly "turned over" means? I did a google search for the error and got two results that didn't really shed any light on the error.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

Nothing to worry about. Take a look at /etc/newsyslog.conf

edit - would go over this step by step http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO.../bridging.html (the almighty, handbook)
    and if you still have issues , sign up at www.bsdforums.org and i will bet my life you will be fixed up.
    if you add log_in_vain=yes to /etc/rc.conf it should log everything going through the firewall (does for ipfw so i am assumming it does for the other firewall) and tail -f /var/log/messages will give you a running display of traffic.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

---------------
    ATTENTION
    ---------------

I have created a new thread for this topic. So much has changed since my original post and I am trying a new approach using ipfw instead of ipfilter. Take a look at the new thread at:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=253258

I detailed everything I have done, and results of suggestions. It's very detailed and I plan on turning it into a tutorial once completed.

Note To Moderator's: Feel free to lock this topic.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...