Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: This is really SPOOKY!

some things...

There are some things in this world that humans shall never understand. This is one of them I think. It is said that when god created the earth he made 1000 questions and only 500 answers (Or something like that.) I dont mean to offend anyone by dissing their religion. Perhaps we should just remain in wonder, I mean isnt that more fun than knowing all.

For the conspiracy theorist:
    Maybe that reddish light is a glow left over from stealth camoflague. Stealth camoflague works by defracting light around a person therfore rendering him invisible. But because of this defraction of light he also cannot see. (No light reaches his eyes.) So maybe he uses thermal goggles.
    \"The wise programmer is told about Tao and follows it. The average programmer is told about Tao and searches for it. The foolish programmer is told about Tao and laughs at it.
    If it were not for laughter, there would be no Tao.\"

I have spent the best part of the last two days searching google, as well as hundreds of other engines, trying to find any reference at all to another similar occourance like this and have found nothing even close. I have to admit too... THERE ARE SOME WEIRD PEOPLE OUT THERE!!! most of them trying to build some kind of ghost story or UFO encounter out of just such a piece of film or a picture that some no-name parawhatsit says is authentic... Geeeeesh! I find myself extremely reluctant to post this anywhere else BUT here. Here I will get scientific and expert opinions from folks who look at theses things with a bit of ...uhm (Yes, I am gonna say it!) SKEPTICISM! Now that I have that out.... I guess what I am getting at is it would be so easy to build a real hoax out of this... Keep up your studies on this peeps, I now have even more insite and incentive to pursue this further. I really do want to solve this mystery.... MYUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Has there been any reoccurrence aellison, or was it just the one time?

Cheers:
    DjM

Has there been any reoccurrence aellison, or was it just the one time?
    There have been NO reoccurences, I think that kind of rules out a passing car or some sort of patrolman or we would have similar occurances nightly... would we not?

Originally posted here by aeallison
    There have been NO reoccurences, I think that kind of rules out a passing car or some sort of patrolman or we would have similar occurances nightly... would we not?

Well, yea, that kind of stands to reason.

Have you thought about 'bugging' the office at night? You could setup a few mic's around the office and see if you can pickup any noises. Just a thought.

Cheers:
    DjM

You could setup a few mic's around the office and see if you can pickup any noises. Just a thought.
    Not a bad idea... I might just do that, I do have some professional recording equipment at hand that is not being used. I will do this tonight, what would I be listening for, eeegads! what if I record something I really don't want too hear??

Could be really kewl too...

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    OK, to start out, please don't hate me forever for bumping this thread. I
    wasn't on AO while it was active, and thus missed out on something that is of
    great interest to me. That being said, here goes...

I do believe this is a hoax. Either aeallison is trying to pull the wool over
    our eyes (probably not) or his friend is trying to pull the wool over his eyes
    (most likely). Now, the reasons I believe this video is a hoax: (I know I'm
    repeating some, but bear with me...)

1. The size of the "orb" does not change. As pointed out by several folks,
    if the "orb" is indeed moving down the length of the room, around the corner,
    and up the stairs, it would appear to shrink in size, even a little bit.
    That's the nature of perspective.

2. It cannot be a LASER. As evidenced by Zone's video, a LASER aimed
    directly at the lens would create huge amounts of red, and you would hardly be
    be able to see anything else. Also, if you notice, you can clearly see Zone's
    hand holding the LASER pointer. Both items here are inconsistent with
    aeallison's video. Secondly, a LASER tracing the wall can be ruled out,
    because there is not the same amount of an "aura" or residual light
    surrounding the LASER in Zone's video as compared to aeallison's. A LASER is
    a directed beam, and therefore would not have this residual light in the first
    place, unless the wall was made of something like smoked glass. Also, in
    order to see a laser, it must reflect off of a surface. As pointed out, the
    laser goes up in the air, around the corner, and up the stairs. If this were
    a laser, it would behave much differently, as it would have to reflect off of
    the back wall in the stairwell, not simply rise and go out.

3. It is not a person holding a flashlight. Similar to the LASER being directed at the camera, you'd be able to see what's behind the light. The only way you'd not be able to see what's behind the light is if it was so bright as to consume the camera's view. The light is not bright enough to consume the camera's view, as you can clearly see what is behind it. It also cannot be a flshlight held by a person shining it towards the camera, but not directly at it. If this were the case, there would be some instance of reflected light somewhere, which there is not. Also, again, if it were a person holding a light, you'd be able to see that person.

4. Take a look at the attached .gif file. I apologize for the .gif format, I did not have any "movie editing" software, so you end up with an animated .gif. Also, it is somewhat choppy, because I did it during my lunch break, and couldn't afford to take the time to make it 900 frames long with nice smooth animation.

P.S. If my post is unclear, or doesn't make sense, don't blame me. My blood sugar is low... I'm gonna go get some candy...
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

That dudes got bigger problems than a laser pointer...

Check out the video he sent me!

Wow! I thought everyone lost interest in this thread long ago. As for it being a hoax... 11001001... I am, after reading your post, still unclear of what you see that defines it as a hoax. Most of the things you mentioned have been covered. I can, as I have several times in this thread, assure you this IS NOT a hoax put on by me or my friend who is the owner of this particular building. I am also unclear as to why you attached the .gif file as it shows nothing new to me at all. Would you care to raise your blood sugar and explain this more to me. I still work in this building, and I really DO want to know what this "orbling thing" is.

Ugh.....Pull your head out of your non believer ass and just once, accept that there could in fact be more than what Man's arrogance has found to this World. I'm going with what I have :

It's either a Ball Lightning, or something Super Natural.

Remember, Sceptics are the first bastards eaten by Zombies in every movie.