Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could not respond?

Could not respond?

This doesnt happen much, but sometimes when i try to run a few programs written in VB i get this error: System error &H8007041D (-2147023843). The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. Im guessing this is something that might like a connection timing out but more on the application level, just a guess from the error, so what exactly is occuring and how can i fix the problem?

What proggies are you trying to run? The error message by itself is to vauge to give you any info.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Both are bot programs that load multiple bots, theyre designed for fast reconnecting if the server drops..

I'm not really big on IRC stuff, let alone bots. . .I know there are some other people on here who could help you though, MB? Do the Bots flake on all servers or just certain ones? Do you have access to the source?

Developer Extraordinar
    What do you mean, are you trying to run a bot flood program? *psst, their illigal and very lame if you are* Or a bot like an eggdrop?

Peace

MB

No, its not for irc, its for battle.net, its like channel warring except now since theres only one server instead of linked ones we dont have splits to try to get op, so we have to have server drops and whoever reconnects the fastest gains op, not really anything to do with flooding.

Eh, I dunno, in the situation that your giving, sounds like the error might not be correctable. . .might be something in the fashon of what your tryin to accomplish by being the first to connect. Do you have the code, or the exe? I've got a couple days off, might play around w/ it.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhh, now im starting to get the error with other programs, such as chat clients. Ive searched on Microsofts site for info about it, but the only thing they have on this type of error relates to mail, which doesn't have anything to do with the programs im getting it on which are mainly just chat clients. Anyway, heres a picture of the error.

Originally posted here by Status
    Gahhhhhhhhhhhh, now im starting to get the error with other programs, such as chat clients. Ive searched on Microsofts site for info about it, but the only thing they have on this type of error relates to mail, which doesn't have anything to do with the programs im getting it on which are mainly just chat clients. Anyway, heres a picture of the error.

Just wondering if it's possible you've got a corrupt file or something in Windows? Might want to run through a general Windows cleanup and see if that helps - I say this because you mention that it's happening in other apps now, so that naturally leads me to think Windows problem...

If you're running Windows XP, check you list of running services by going to Start and Run, and typing services.msc. Check to see if you have the appropriate services running for what you need to do. Example: The RPC Service may not be able to start or a service associated with it...or a service may be disabled. That would block the Remote Procedure Call (or another service) your program is trying to utilize. Also, check the Event Viewer to see what services are failing to start properly....this should help narrow it down. If it's an app that requires a connection to the web, check your firewall also. Hope this helps....
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey