Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bush's space program

bush's space program

alright so... the econm yis in shamble's we are in a war, spending plenty of money on terrorism and homeland security. what should we do to help out in this time of need.... hmm.... I KNOW... let's restart the space program

The president wants to aggressively reinvigorate the space program, still reeling from the Columbia tragedy nearly one year ago, said the officials, speaking on condition of anonymity.
    he wants to spend billions to put a science base on the moon, more mars rovers and eventually men on mars... as much as i think space exploration is interesting and may help us unravel the secrets of our universe... is now really the time to spend this money? on top of that... it seems odd that all bush did the first three years in office was take vacations and start wars... however... now that 2004 has started he is proposing all sorts of plans and starting all sorts of money spending plans
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Dont you see? This will help us revitalize the economy and help us defeat terrorism! Its all part of Bush's master plan! </sarcasm>
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

..Or mankinds optimal future is in Space. The society that capitolizes on that is the next super power. Isn't there people on the space station stuck up there?

even if mankind's future were to be in space... we can't afford to be looking inot it right now... and besides... it's not the space race of the 60's... no one else is really trying.... also... the russian's space station is the worst.. .it's all run down and the people on it are in danger of dying
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Originally posted here by lord_darkside_x
    even if mankind's future were to be in space... we can't afford to be looking inot it right now... and besides... it's not the space race of the 60's... no one else is really trying.... also... the russian's space station is the worst.. .it's all run down and the people on it are in danger of dying
    Didnt the Russians kill teir space station for that reason about 2 years back? (If you're talking about MIR)

As for the new plans to strap men to copious amounts of explosives and launch them into mars, i do believe they could have come at a better time -- although i thought one of his [Dubyas] reasons for sparking this new interest was that "the American economy is improving"? Dont quote me on that.

But at the end of the day; *someone* has to beat 'those damn ruskies'

Didnt the Russians kill teir space station for that reason about 2 years back? (If you're talking about MIR)
    i had thought so too... but now there was another article in the news the other day about how the space station is rotting up there and there are two people on it that are in danger... also that they fear it could eventually fall out of orbit and land somewhere... or pieces of it

-- although i thought one of his [Dubyas] reasons for sparking this new interest was that "the American economy is improving"? Dont quote me on that.
    the economy is not improving... the dollar is down in all markets... hell the euro is worth like $1.28USD. dubya's response was, i am optimistic.... so the economy is not getting better... but he's hoping it will... he thinks it might... he's hopeful about it.... and by the way... i did quote ya...

Propoganda

Banned
    Damn it havent you heard of Irelands space race program, we are sending somebody up with a pint of Guinness to see if he can drink it up there, if he can't well there aint much point going up is there?

Lot's a great things have come about since the space programs have been started. Of course, I myself am not a huge fan of going to mars, but it does have other benefits.

I love the hypocrisy coming from the left, they bitch when you don't have a space program and when you finally introduce an idea/plan, they shoot it down and stomp all over it. Laughable really, but I'm not a huge fan of it either, although I must say, watching the politics of the whole thing is rather interesting.

The dems never miss a great opportunity to capitilize on something they can make political gains off of, even when it's something they claim to be for on any other day.

$ecure

i haven't seen a lot of democrats calling for a new space program with the current state of the economy... esp with us being at war... i think that what alot of democrats have done lately is the same thing i am saying/doing and that is saying"well sure i am all for the space program but this is a stupid idea/bad time for it"

Propoganda

Good point there darkside, but it still smells of political opportunity.

$ecure