Thread: another certs question...

Banned

another certs question...

what certifications (according to your expertise) are possible to pass on studying books ONLY w/out any lab experience. also, which certs do you definetly need to study on in a lab environment??

A+, MCDST, and so on are pretty easy without lab, however in any cert, lab is most definatly very helpful. Network+ I believe you can pass without lab. However CCNA, CCNP and so on, you really need lab. Most of these higher end certs have simulations in them, that you really need lab to understand.

How I look at it, is CompTIA- you really don't need lab for most. Cisco, Sun, and Microsoft (meaning anything other than MCDST)- you need lab.

...In my humble opinion...
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

Banned
    do you need a lab for MCSA and MCSE

I have not done MCSE or MCSA but have prepared for CCNA and form my experience it takes less then half the time when you practice commands in lab rather than writing them down on paper again and again. So if you can get access to a well equiped lab by any mean, do that.
    Else rot learning is what you will get, in absence of practicals.
    It\'s all about sense of power.

Banned
    Yeah... it's very easy to say "have access to a lab"

... I work from 9-6 and I don't even know where or how to start looking for a lab. Anyone in NYC can let me in theirs ??