Thread: Mouse problem

Mouse problem

I am having trouble with my mouse. It's just that its very hard tomove it at all, in fact frustrating. It just dosent move and has to be dragged anywhere. This can be quite annoying for anything especially games.

I think its a common problem with a probably simple solution so any ideas to get a hard to move mouse back into action. My pc is less than 6 months old also.

Banned
    Did you check the mouse speed in Control Panel-> mouse ? Maybe it got messed up.

Regal Making Handler
    It's likely that your mouse ball has collected a load of gunk from being used, this is quite simple to cure.
    If you turn your mouse upside down you should see a retaining bezle that holds the mouse ball into it's location just use your fingers to turn this anti clockwise untill it comes away from it;s housing then let the ball fall out. In side of the housing you will see a couple of rollers, use a small but sharp implement and scrape away any crud that has built up on these rollers. Give the ball a wash with a mild detergent and then dry it. Then re-assemble. This should cure you problem.

Chears

Jinxy
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Banned
    housing you will see a couple of rollers, use a small but sharp implement and scrape away
    Maybe it's a laser mouse he has, but good suggestion anyways, i forgot about the rollers(have been using a laser mouse too long)

do what jinxy says clean the ball and the rollers supporting the ball.Also if u have a good mousepad u should be fine.
    Also checkmouse properties in control panel