Thread: Doteasy Domain Locking

Question Doteasy Domain Locking

You can now secure your internet identity by using our Domain Locking service!

When Domain Locking is enabled for a domain name, any requests to transfer the domain to another registrar or hosting company will automatically fail. This can be used to help prevent domain theft, hijacking or other fraudulent transfers of domain names.

Should you ever want to transfer the domain, or change your web host based on the domain, Domain Locking must first be disabled, before the relevant action can be performed.

You can control domain lock or unlock at any time through your Member Zone control panel once you have ordered this service
    Is this a feature that should be paid for or is it just an attempt to get money?
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

GreekGoddess
    I get it for free with my domain service. It's something useful to have, but not a definite must, and you shouldn't have to pay more for it.

I get for free as well, but it isn't something worth paying extra for in my opinion. If you really want it, you might want to consider changing to 123 Reg - I've used them for all my domains (with one exception) and I've never had any problems. However, they're a UK-based company so that might not work for you.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.