Thread: For those trying out linux

For those trying out linux

I just went to install college linux tonight on an old p1 32 mb pc...
    I ran into a problem after formatting the drive from having windows 95
    The hard drive is too small, and the memory is low...I was under the impression that you needed very minimal hardware to run linux, however, you cant use a 2 GB hard drive..
    If I can save someone else the hassle, then my job is "done".
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Maybe anyone else trying to install this distro will benefit from http://linux.college.ch/docs.php.

There are forums on the website that would no doubt help too.

College is a slackware based distro so a minimal install should have gone on .... unless one tried to install everything. You can certainly get linux on a 2gb hard drive, absolutely no reason why you can't, just don't expect all the bells and whistles currently on offer.

I got to the point of just putting the CD in, letting it go thru the prompts, then it asks to boot with live cd or install it on the system....but its asking for some memory or something to the tune of selecting the partition of /dev/sda2 or something like that..in a prompt box and I cant seem to get out of that section...the error is something regarding memory or disk space.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Question question (part 2)

Also, the other question i had that im sure someone can answer, which distro comes with Wine or something similar to that so I can emulate windows....as you can tell, Im just getting started with the "addicting" world of linux.