Thread: Cable or High Speed DSL?

Cable or High Speed DSL?

A national company (Verizon) offers high speed DSL on the same phone line you have and you can use your phone at the same time. The price isn't bad however I use Cable now and don't want to get slower. Just two pc network at home. Any help? Cable or high speed DSL? Thanks.
    Just when i got used to yesterday, along came today.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Depends on your area. I've heard nightmare issues with Verizon's help and they may not be as cheap as they claim (the price may be dependent on you using their service). I've been using Cable in the downtown part of Toronto and haven't had any speed issues (or caps interestingly enough). Then again all my neighbours spend the better part of their time selling their bodies or drugs or both so I think I'm one of 3 people using the whole segment.

My view is if your happy with what you got, why change?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks for your input. I might try it for 30 days and if so i'll be sure to post my experience.
    Just when i got used to yesterday, along came today.

The problem with DSL (as I understand it) is that you must pay for BOTH a phone line and the DSL service, plus the monthly ISP DSL fee. Check to see if that is more expensive than what you are paying now.

Check out this website and see if you can find any users from your area, and read their comments on service in your area - http://www.dslreports.com/

Good luck.