Thread: O'Neill: Bush planned Iraq invasion before 9/11

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

O'Neill: Bush planned Iraq invasion before 9/11

Article at CNN

Well, that's an interesting read.

"From the very beginning, there was a conviction that Saddam Hussein was a bad person and that he needed to go," O'Neill told CBS, according to excerpts released Saturday by the network. "For me, the notion of pre-emption, that the U.S. has the unilateral right to do whatever we decide to do, is a really huge leap."
    This is a huge leap. The US for the longest time maintained a hands-off policy of not wanting to get involved. This makes me wonder if Bush Jr. is more interested in just "smoting" enemies than looking for diplomatic avenues of solving conflict.

Anyways, might be an interesting read.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Oneil was fired for doing a shitty job with the economy and this is all sour grapes. Who doesn't see this? Everyone wants to make a buck off Bushy. Too bad his book is fictional.

$ecure

What is the difference between Clinton sending Troops in Iraq or Ordering a Missile strike against Saddam Husein and Bush sending in troops?

Answer: politics and opportunity at an international level

What is the explaination for varying levels of support to each action?

Answer: politics and opportunity at a personal level

Why do people feel the need to wash 10 years of political conflict out of their minds?

Answer: Too busy?

Banned
    Criticism from within his own government? Aww... what's next... the army?
    Oops, yups... this is fresh off the Reuters-press .

Well I believe the war was biblical, so they're criticism and anyone else’s is perfectly logical to me. I happen to agree with the war, and like I said, I believe it was indeed foretold in the bible.

Jeremiah 50:9

9. For, lo, I will raise, and cause to come up against Babylon (modern day Iraq), an assembly of great nations from the north country: and they shall set themselves in array against her; from thence she shall be taken: their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain.

from the north country
    The north, America, on the globe, is far north of Iraq.

their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain.
    These would be the "smart-bombs". This latest Iraq war was fought with 90% smart munitions.

Jeremiah 50: 14,41

41. Behold, a people shall come from the north, and a great nation, and many kings shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
    14. Put yourselves in array against Babylon round about; all ye that bend the bow, shoot at her, spare no arrows: for she hath sinned against the Lord.
    That's what I believe is true, so when people criticize the war I see why they draw the conclusions they do. Yes, Iraq was not an immediate threat, perhaps someone saw something on the horizon though…

This is what I have believed for some time now, and nothing anyone says will ever change that.

$ecure

using the bible to justify the murder of thousands is ****ing sick and twisted and exactly the same thinking as osama.

"Oneil was fired for doing a shitty job with the economy and this is all sour grapes. Who doesn't see this? Everyone wants to make a buck off Bushy. Too bad his book is fictional."

Oneill is a very wealthy and successful(in politics and business) man and took 0 dollars for his part in the book , there are 19000 pages of goverment documents that were used to make the book and several other "inisiders" contributed. "Too bad his book is fictional." i suppose you have read it it? ,didn't think so, typical blind nationalism.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

If he knew from the beginning then why is he deciding to speak about it until now ?

Humm I wonder .... Maybe someone needs a little attention. I wonder why he took no money ? Lets see I'm pretty sure that some of you can think of something .....

Personally I just think that he's upset and wants to get a little revenge.

How is one to be sure that the author of the book will not twist some words here and there ? But you never know it just might be a great fictional read.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    How is one to be sure that the author of the book will not twist some words here and there ? But you never know it just might be a great fictional read.
    Every "non-fiction" book has it's views twisted. That's to be expected. The reality is, however, there usually is some truth to it. Honestly, there is a part of me that isn't surprised. I wonder how much Bush Sr. regretted not finishing what he started in 1991. He should have.

As for using the Bible as a reference and justification for war, I don't think that's the best option. The Bible is a historical commentary by the people who wrote it. What went on during their time (whether the King James version or variations thereof) isn't necessarily an accurate justification for today. I thought the idea was to learn from our mistakes, not repeat them constantly?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I thought the idea was to learn from our mistakes, not repeat them constantly?
    Very true MsMittens...

lumpyporridge,

I honestly would never use anyones Bible to justify the deaths of any number of people, I do however feel that Secure was quoting Prophecy, not trying to justify anyones death, those words were written long ago in an effort to guide us.

Just my 2 cents
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?