Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xp weird problem

Xp weird problem

Ive been having this weird problem with windows XP home edition where when Im using internet explorer it will kinda lock one of the windows and when I try to do something in other windows it wont let me. Sometimes it will lock other program windows im using but usually it is an explorer bar. Plus when I check the processes in tak manager when this happens I see taht a bunch of internet explorer processes are open. If someone out there has had this problem or knows how to solve it any help would be appreciated.
    Once again THANX in advance.
    I Speak in frequencies even dogs have trouble hearing

are you saying that when you open up multiple IE windows they go in to one taskbar icon? or that they "lock up" and you can't access them? please clarify a little, if you dont mind

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Oh, what I meant is that while having several windows opened (minimized or not) one of them "locks up", so that when I try to work on any of the others I cant really click on them because the one that "locked up" wont let me (u know how it blinks as if its doing something and denies your entries to the other ones). I think the problem strives from IE because this happens whenever IE is opened and also when I open up the task manager and see the processes I see that there are like maybe five IE processes while I may have only one IE window.

u sure they're not "grouped" together?...if they are, right click on the taskbar and click properties. There make sure you uncheck the "Group SImiliar Windows" button.

JEJE yeah im sure theyre not "grouped" my friend. Anyways thanx for the help.

simple fix

use mozila

let me clarify since I seem to be getting neg'ed for my fix.
    I had a simmlar problem with IE and about the only way to stop it was to switch to a better browser that is why I said to use mozila.
    [Shadow] have you ever noticed work is like a tree full of monkeys you look down and all you see is monkeys below you then you look up and all you see is a bunch of *******s above[/shadow]

let me clarify since I seem to be getting neg'ed for my fix.
    Exactly, instead of someone disagreeing with you they chose to "neg" you. Pretty lame really. Mozilla is a terrific browser though.

Have you checked for any spyware yet?

Actually, I have found that I prefer Firebird, which is also a Mozilla borwser, over plain Mozilla. And I definately prefer it over IE6. Opera is another browser that works very well, but personally I find it too cluttered for my taste (just a personal opinion).
    Firebird does almost every thing I could want it to do, except on two web site I go to, and then I have to go back to IE6 to use them.
    If you are adamant about using IE, then perhaps you could try re installing it from your systems cd, and that might cure your hang up problem.
    When did this problem first manifest itself? Was it just after you installed any new hardware, or software? Did you make any major changes in your operating system? Have you kept current on all the msn upgrades and updates?
    Good luck in your search for the problem.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

yup

I've had a problem like this before at work and after looking into it i found it it was spyware. Do you have any programs that block spyware like Adware or Spybot? I installed and ran spybot and the problem stopped.Spybot

sounds like a pop-up prob. those blank windows that dont load anything but blink on the taskbar. getup ya popup block when you doing the nasty sites + do you have windows messaging turned on in the control panel?