View Poll Results: Will a 3D style of desktop catch on ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 50.00%
  • No

5 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Games: do they cause violence?

What came first? The Chicken? or the Egg?
    If you believe in evolution then the egg
    birds are thought to have evolved from dinos

Does anyone recall all the hazardous and violent toys parents would give children before video games? I don't think video games cause violence, but i do think that violent children play violent video games. Has anyone played lunch money? Do my violent actions in a game make me want to go out and kick the $hit outta someone, i think not But its likely that if i wanted to go out and beat someone that i'd enjoy a game that does that
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

I don't think that games CAUSE "real world" violence, however, games of the present are "reality" based. You no longer see little hedgehogs, or pac-men or anything that can be looked at and seen as strickly fantasy-because it doesn't even exhist. How the most popular games are shoot them up war games or stealing cars(GTA). THough I don't think they are to blame for violence, one must remember the children out there that are babysat by television and video games. From a very young age, that is what they see-it could get confusing to a child that small-when parental presence and advice is limited. They might honestly condition themselves to thinking that this is ok. One never truely knows what "causes" violence.