Thread: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

AO French Antique News Whore

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Based on the well-known original memtest86 written by Chris Brady, memtest86+ is a port by some members of the x86-secret team. Our goal is to provide an up-to-date and completly reliable version of this software tool aimed at memory failures detection.

Memtest86+ is, like the original, released under the terms of the Gnu Public License (GPL). No restrictions for use, private or commercial exist other than the ones mentioned in the Gnu Public License (GPL). Texts about the original version was taken from the original website and written by Chris Brady.

Source : http://www.memtest.org/
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Thanks..
    The original was a good app, I'll have to check out this latest one.
    I've always been more partial towards Docmemory version 2 but it'll be interesting to see how this one "stacks up" against both Docmemory and the original memtest86. Microsoft even put out a bootdisk based version of a memory checker, although I've never tried it. MajorGeeks has a mirror of Microsofts beta version here. One or more of these memory diagnostic programs is a must.. Any windows memory checker will not be able to test the sections of memory that is in use by windows.

AO French Antique News Whore
    New version is out! Version 1.10
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Woot! I have had some good experience with this tool. Helped me find some problems with BAD ram. Thanks for the update!
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)