Thread: Finally!!!!!!!!

Smile Finally!!!!!!!!

Hey all, i wanted to give you an update on my Linux install, it went pretty easy, but whats got me almost pissing myself with happiness is the fact that for once, Linux picked up my NIC so i could go online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohhhh im soooo happy about this, i'v never been able to get online with linux before in my entire life, i installed Suse Linux 8.1 Professional, its awesome, i havnt ever installed it before but i have to say i would recommend this to everyone thats thinking of trying Linux out, (soo soo sooooo soooo happy right now) Well i just wanted to shate my joy with you all right now

gore,

Welcome to the new world then!!! You'll love it even more as soon as you get more familiarized with it.

I'd try Mozilla 1.3a with the "modern" theme, it's awesome!!!

Good luck!!!

Bye.

LoL man thanks for giving me a little joy in my life

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

greetings gore,

i know its tempting to go online straight away, but you should really go about securing it first. you know, turning off services, av, configuring iptables etc. or have you done that already? i would advise you to make a "go-between" FAT partition. then get everything you need off the net from your windows OS, and put them in the FAT partition. mount the FAT partition in linux to get access to them. if your distro has the NTFS module installed, then you can mount your NTFS partitions as it stands, so you don't need to make another FAT partition.

just thought i'd recomend doing all your surfing with your windowsOS, until you get around to securing linux.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

er0k

Re: Finally!!!!!!!!

Originally posted here by gore
    Hey all, i wanted to give you an update on my Linux install, it went pretty easy, but whats got me almost pissing myself with happiness is the fact that for once, Linux picked up my NIC so i could go online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohhhh im soooo happy about this, i'v never been able to get online with linux before in my entire life, i installed Suse Linux 8.1 Professional, its awesome, i havnt ever installed it before but i have to say i would recommend this to everyone thats thinking of trying Linux out, (soo soo sooooo soooo happy right now) Well i just wanted to shate my joy with you all right now
    good job! i must say that sometimes in linux it has a bit of trouble with drivers. however it has great hardware detection at boot. usually the NIC's arent a problem. if you have any other driver problem feel free to ask me or someone else around here who might be able to help. Good luck, linux and internet = utopian computing!

Hey all, wanted to thank you for the warm welcome, sorry i havnt been on in like two days but i had a problem and i thought it ws maybe something getting corrpted and i called tech support and there havinf someone come here tommorow and i had to do a full format, i prayed it would work and when i turned everything on just now it let me on!!!!!!! (tytytytytytytytytytytytytytytyty God!!!!!!!!!!!!!) anyway hopefully itll let me stay on so when the techie gets here tommorow i can tell him whats going on and ill have some luck and be back on here again soon, i miss the hell outta this place so hopefully everything works out, (**** did i ever learn a lesson in talking things for granted, i try not taking anything like that bu i know i do sometimes and usually when this happens and i get back what i lost im soooo happy, its true what they say, you dont know how much you love something untill you lose it sometimes and i wanna say right now i ove being on a website talking to and exchanging info with you guys, i actually missed you guys!!!!!!)

Finally I find the post. Well, today marks my one year anniversary using Linux, and in particular promotion of SuSE

Here is to a great year guys

1500 Posts now, and a year with Tux.

congrats gore !!

and "Have a lot of fun" the next couple of years..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Thanks Jinx I will "Have alot fo fun" as the log in screen says. And last night, The Shining was on TV...Actually it was 6 AM. It started snowing here an hour ago and there is about 5 inches already.

Originally posted here by gore
    Thanks Jinx I will "Have alot fo fun" as the log in screen says. And last night, The Shining was on TV...Actually it was 6 AM. It started snowing here an hour ago and there is about 5 inches already.
    Ahhh.... you B!tch! I wish we had snow here occasionally. Congrats on your 1 year mark.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)