Thread: A problem.....

Arrow A problem.....

Hello all,
    I have just noticed that my web browser(IE 6.0) has automaticly changed the home page to: res://mshp.dll/index.html#22776 . Now if i change it back to my usualy one it stays like that untill i log off or shut down/restart. Also when a page is not found it coems up with the usual stuff except with sereach options and other wierd topics underneath the usual "page not found" thing. ALSO when using a search engien a new window of IE opens with a wierd "search company" search engine. Ovbiouvly its soemthing on my PC but ive looked everywere and cant find a thing. O FYI im running windows XP.

Any help woudl be appreaciated.

Cypherdias

Check out hijackthis

Cheers:
    DjM

Well, As I think there are some kind of trojans can make such a things,,,,, try to conduct a virus scan,, and I think it'll be better,,,,

And another possibility is,,, that there is a program already istalled on your sys,,, can make this disturb,,, try to get rid of useless progs,,,,
    Don\'t Be So HumblE>>>>
    You aRe N0T tHaT GreaT<<<<

Also check your windows\system32\drivers\etc hosts file and maker sure there are no entries except for local host. I had this happen to a machine and everytime you went to google or some other seach engine it would take you to some bogus site.
    If at first you don\'t succeed, f**k it try something else.

Have you did a spy-ware search. The last time you miscorrectly entered a site they may have inplanted a spyboy/searchbot to change your default page.

Have you looked in the add/remove programs for anything that you do not think should be there. It sort of sounds like one of those Yahoo type adress bars with extra options and stuff that you can use with your browser. You may also want to try START/RUN/msconfig and clear out the checked boxes under Startup. Make sure your virus/firewall/etc. software is still comming up at startup if you uncheck them or parts of them. Also check your regular Startup folders. You may also want to look at your win.ini... etc. for something strange. Good luck.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Removal Instructions:

http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/n/navexcel.asp

Steve

edit:

Remeber Google is your friend.

I typed res://mshp.dll/index.html#22776 removal into google and got the above url with 2 clicks.
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Here is a free Spy-Ware killer. Ad-aware 6.0.

Click for download: http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.ph...f695220993fc0f

Arrow done

Thanks all. i used DjM 's link for the spyware checker and it found it and was deleted. NOw its fixed. Thank you again.

Cypherdias