Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a question about eblaster with remote install

Question I have a question about eblaster with remote install

I have a question on spyware with remote install.I think my wife has some how installed spyware with a remote install on my work computer.Is this possable ??? Can it get throu(I work at ford mo. co.)The reason I say this is she is finding out info that is only on my work computer.I know this is big trouble if she gets cought.Is their a way I can find out with out going to Ip and if so how can I remove it if its their. Thanks Jim

Well, i think you may not mean spyware, you may mean a keylogger or some remote monitoring software. Do you have a firewall on this computer? If not, get one. She may have used Netbus or Sub7 or something. Have you downloaded any email attachemets? Scan for Virii, in case you got one from email. Wow, there is so many possibilities here. Could you give us some more info?

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

your computer is locked in ford motors and you think your wife put a trojan on it...is that what your saying? i would imagine ford filters their email for dangerous attachments as would the AV on your workstation. unless your wife is a leet haxor or knows someone 'well' that is i cant imagine this happening. could she have hired some one (PI) to check up on you?

when you say she knows things that are only kept on your computer do you mean communications with someone? it your wife a techie?

Sorry! im busy at work and shouldn't even respond when i cant give full attention....nevermind!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

If you are not able to physically go to the computer on which you wish to install eBlaster, you may benefit from our Remote Install Add-On, which allows you to email the eBlaster program to the recipient's email address. Perfect for parents with kids away at school or employers with remote offices.
    This is an add-on for eblaster

I found it here- http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/...asp?refer=6998

[Edit] From the FAQ
    18. I do not have physical access to the PC I wish to monitor. Does
    eBlaster support remote installation?

If you purchase the eBlaster Remote Install Add-On, you may be able to send the program installation file to another email address.

Assuming that the receiving email client will allow the receipt of a .EXE file attachment and that the user opening the email clicks on the file attachment, then eBlaster will automatically install itself on that computer. Once installed on the remote computer, eBlaster will send recordings from that computer to your email address.

VERY IMPORTANT: You MUST be the owner of the computer to which you are remotely installing eBlaster. If you are NOT the owner, or have not received permission from the owner to install eBlaster on that computer, you could be in violation of state or local law by monitoring the activities of property that does not belong to you.
    [/edit]
    Mad Beaver

This is my work computer, I work for ford motor co. I`m sure they have antivirus.Is it posable for it to get throu Them??I have down loaded stuff from her e-mails,but It would have to be a store bought program because she is not super smart with programs.

You mention eblaster in your subject line, is this program running on your computer? If so:

eBlaster now has optional Remote Install if you do not have physical access to the computer you wish to monitor.
    You said she is not very computer smart. Does she know anyone that is?

Cheers:
    DjM

If you have eblaster on your Computer Then
    look for netsplr.exe in the system32 directory. rename (or delete) and re-boot. That should disable it.
    http://lists.jammed.com/crime/2003/07/0132.html
    Mad Beaver

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Streetfighter: It's really rather simple....... Report it to the tech department at Ford. They will fix it for you.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

He doesn't want to report it to IT

I know this is big trouble if she gets cought.Is their a way I can find out with out going to Ip and if so how can I remove it if its their. Thanks Jim
    I assume that it was supposed to be IT not Ip
    Mad Beaver

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    MadBeaver: Ahem..... If that was truly the case all he would have to do is ask his wife since asking is the lesser of the two evils. Hell, he can even coerce his wife into telling the truth by threatening to report her. Furthermore, it would probably be quite difficult for Ford to determine exactly where the infection came from so his wife would be kinda difficult to accuse. Therefore, since finding out whether she has or not is hardly a major obstacle, allow me to present a scenario that might fit the bill:

[suspicious, crabby old fart mode]

1. He wants to know how to find out if Ford themselves have installed a keylogger on his machine because he isn't exactly "flavor of the month right" now for some reason.

Yeah, that would work...... Things that lead me to such a diabolical conclusion:-

1. He can't go to IT 'cos his wife would get in trouble..... Yeah, right.... Nice wife, and he doesn't want to get her into trouble.......

2. His wife isn't very good with computers....... but she can get a keylogger past Ford's security from the outside and install it on a machine where I will almost guarantee that he doesn't have admin rights.

3. He already knew the name of the program..... Eeeek.... So he knows what it is but he can't remove it...... Ford put it there is beginning to edge out into the lead by a neck.

At the finish line I believe my scenario looks pretty damn good........ And that was the reason for my first response....... It's called "testing the water"..... The rest of you dived in without thinking that he might, in fact, be trying to do something.... er..... unethical/immoral/

[/suspicious, crabby old fart mode]
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides