Thread: Interview

Interview

This is an exact replication of National Public Radio(NPR)interview between a female broadcaster, and US Army General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

INTERVIEWER: " So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?"

GENERAL REINWALD: 'We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting."

INTERVIEWER: "Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?"

GENERAL REINWALD: "I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range."

INTERVIEWER: "Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?"

GENERAL REINWALD: "I don't see how, ....we will be teaching them proper rifle range discipline before they even touch a firearm."

INTERVIEWER: " But you're equipping them to become violent killers."

GENERAL REINWALD: "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?"

The radio went silent and the interview ended!
    Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

cool one man
    The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=767

My father grew up with guns in many rooms of the house, he even would go out on his own hunting as a child. And he told me that not once growing up did it ever occur to him that the gun was a weapon to be used against a person. It's amazing the assumptions people make.
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

Originally posted here by hiddeninclouds
    My father grew up with guns in many rooms of the house, he even would go out on his own hunting as a child. And he told me that not once growing up did it ever occur to him that the gun was a weapon to be used against a person. It's amazing the assumptions people make.
    But was he taught about guns by people who kill other humans for a living? An older person of authority can make a strong impression on a child, good or bad.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots