Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hacking

ok, everyone calm down, I think Packetthirst is pushing the idea that ypu can`t just learn to hack (especially on here where if I recall correctly we are not teaching hackers) and perhaps the depending on yourself could be interepreted as goping out and finding information? which can mean reading, asking questions, personal research etc....
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

something that was missed
    pick up a couple of computers set them up your self
    you can get P1 or P2 for less than 50 bucks at salvage
    use at crossover cable and you can play with security a little.
    you can port scan an xbox that way
    or setup a computer for dial up and call it
    hardware is getting very cheap for old stuff
    good luck
    jeremy

Re: Hacking

Originally posted here by stickmansquark
    I know that hacking is bad...
    Why? If You hack to incresse You're knowleage and don't destroy anything it can be useful in farther education(in school too). I'm not countenance You to hacking but that is my glance on it.

Hacking any computer that doesn't belong to you, or the owner didn't give you permission is wrong. And can get you in prison or fine. In UK we have the Computer Misuse Act. And many other countries have the same law.

Lots people thinks it's alright to penetrate a network as long as you don't touch or damage any file is just a misconception. As long as you enter the network, or attempt to penetrate you already broke the law.

Squeeb, old chap

There is a date at the top of a post............If it is "flashing".............it generally means that you should open a new one...................

Otherwise I would say you spoke truly

Originally posted here by nihil
    Squeeb, old chap

There is a date at the top of a post............If it is "flashing".............it generally means that you should open a new one...................

Otherwise I would say you spoke truly
    didn't seen that... i am new here so SORRY...

P.S. This forum crushes me and pls don't write Squeeb(it is vexing) cause i am not Squeeb but Sqeeb

Test hak skills

Yo dude the best way to test your hacking skills is to... goto http://se.bfndevelopment.com/ its not really hacking another PC's its more of hacking websites... and they allow you to hack past all the different kinds of security..... java passwords, Flash passwords, simple VB script passwords, ETC. This isnt exactly what you asked for, alright aint a webserver a computer.... yes it is.. the only difference is they host a web URL through port 80 when you connect through them... they technically are just a computer setting in the middle of nowhere just the same as the others, but it hosts a website... :P so if you want a server to crack you can attmpt to crack into myne... http:\\www.jimmyjohnson.us <--- notice all log-in attampts are monitered.... I dont have a limited password try set up, so go ahead and have fun, but keep in mind.... DEL nothing... :P if you manage to get in... and a brute forcer will deffinately not work... :P password is approx. 41 chars long...... just thought i would save you the time...

I agree with most of the people on this thread, and am glad that it was brought back from it's old age (regarding comments of starting a new one instead) as it's been an interesting read.

Yet I wonder, who here remains one of the old-school grey hats? Where you would hack for the curiosity of learning the system, and if you succeeded to bypass OS security you then proxied an anonymous email to the administration on how to patch the hole, what made it vulnerable in the first place, and to wish them a good day with assurance that you're only here to help.

I'm sure it's looked down upon now, the acts of knightlyhood by the shadows hidden on the net. Who here remembers the days in which the grey-hats would patch holes without recognition? When they learned of black-hats attempting to penetrate some company network, the grey-hat's responce was to DoS the black-hats and preform quick counter-hacks to protect that company's servers? Ah, the good old days when the black-hats only wanted power, the white-hats were only building hardware, and the grey-hats had acted like medieval rangers protecting their forest.

Hey sqeeb old chap.............chill out?

P.S. This forum crushes me and pls don't write Squeeb(it is vexing) cause i am not Squeeb but Sqeeb
    Apart from myself and a few other miscreants, this is a damn fine site

Sorry about the spelling of your name...........it was a Freudian, or psychological error..............I play far too many word games.............in English, you generally need a "U" to get rid of a "Q" (which is a very high scoring letter because of the difficulty in getting rid of it)........"square", "squid", "squash", "quite", and so on....... . Now a "Q" is a ten point letter, so if you can get it on a triple letter square and make a word that gets a triple word bonus you have just about won the game, in one shot?...."Quixotically" is a killer...........

I was brought up that it is exceptional bad manners to spell someone's name incorrectly

As for the old thread, I have no objections to people adding to threads, sometimes it is the best thing to do. That was intended as a friendly warning, not a criticism :There is absolutely no need to apologise.

Happy New Year

Hello there

I am new to this kind of arena too but I had read sort of stuffs about hacking and it's the idea that's bad, but come to think of it as for your own protection. I've been searching and learning tools to protect myself by testing my BOX's vulnerability.

If I would do something like learning to crack or hack, I would use it for the purpose of learning and avoiding future break-in into my box. To start, try some online port testing tools from a reliable website like those of antivirus companies.

Yo!
    \"Life without FREEDOM is no life at all\". - William Wallace
    MyhomE MyboX StealtH (loop n. see loop.)
    http://www.geocities.com/sebeneleben/SOTBMulti.gif