Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target Stores and Veterans

Target Stores and Veterans

I found this on another forum. Thought it might be of interest.

>Vietnam Veterans Association
    >
    >By Dick Forrey
    >
    >We asked our local Target store to be a sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event. We received back a reply from Target management that "veterans do not meet our area of giving.
    >We only donate to the areas of the arts, social actions, gay and lesbian causes, and education."
    >
    >My thought: If the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general, do not meet their donation criteria, something is wrong at Target. We were not asking for dollars, but simply sponsorship of an endorsement for a memorial remembrance.
    >
    >As follow-up, I E-mailed the corporate headquarters and their response was the same. Personally, I will NOT be purchasing anything at Target Stores again. If the Vietnam Veteran or Veterans in general do not meet their area of giving, then why should I, as a Vietnam veteran, spend my hard earned money in their stores?
    >
    >Please pass this on to as many people as you know.
    >
    >Sincerely, Veterans Helping Veterans
    >
    >
    >
    >TARGET IS FRENCH OWNED (Surprised?)
    >
    >PS: Target will also not allow the Marines to collect for "Toys For Tots" during the holidays.

TARGET IS FRENCH OWNED (Surprised?)
    Should have known.....

Hoax I think....

http://hoaxinfo.com/target.htm

and

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/t/target-viet.htm

and

http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/TargetAndVeterans.htm

From the last link: "Boycott Watch has received several versions of an email and information requests over the past few months regarding claims that Target Stores are either French owned or against US veterans. These claims are false. Target is US owned and continues to support numerous projects benefiting active duty soldiers and veterans." .
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Thanks for the links, CXGJarrod. I have seen these e-mails before and wondered about the verasity of the claims. Nice to know the truth.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

That solves that.
    Good find man.

not really this was based on an actual event that happen in lakewood nj early last year. the veterans were refused from selling poppies outside a store (K-mart, Wal-mart i dont remember which) where they've sold them on previous years and given something like the reason given here. the veterans were trying to raise money for the local veterans home. its easier to tell a lie thats based in truth i guess. spammers suck!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Back onto the topic of space... I like space programes, but I like to know why were doing something befoe we do. I think the "cause we can" is a bad reason. If bush thinks he can terraform the moon, let's set up camp. If a summer camp is what he wants, that's a waste. Same idea with mars. Don't go there until you know why you want to. Then again, all this space travel would give the canada-arm a good work-out...
    Not all those who wander are lost.

I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but i hate when people get angry at stores for not giving to charity, i work for a grocery store and we get people in ALL THE TIME looking for handouts for events. It's not that i'm against giving to those in need, but a store is a business, and the goal in a business is to make money, to stray from this will likely cause you to go out of business Now my store does give to groups, but it would be illogical to give to everyone who walks in the door
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

Target is owned by a group of people, if they choose to direct their money to the arts etc, so be it. If they choose to not support or contribute money to an organization outside the focus they orininally chose then who are we to judge them for it? It's their money and their opinion. Does it mean they are biased or disciminitory? Could be or perhaps not. And if they are, so what?? For instance, I worked for a company who would not give money to anyone outside of educational purposes and then only to potential high school students who are studying course materials related to the industry they were in. That was extremely discriminating in the sense that they were very selective to whom charitable money went to. It was what they decided and its what they stuck with. I hail Target for any contribution they give. No matter what the argument or purpose, donated money to any charity that benefits a community is a good thing.

If you don't accept their right and think the choice is not in your interest or the interest of your community, make a stand! Go wait in line at Wal-Mart.

Originally posted here by RoadClosed

If you don't accept their right and think the choice is not in your interest or the interest of your community, make a stand! Go wait in line at Wal-Mart.
    Walmart is 10 times better anyway!