Thread: Harms on the Net (Part I)

Harms on the Net (Part I)

the tut here is fully not mine it has been collected from various sources and then compiled here its guys and gals my first tut
    A whole lot of things are out there interested in spying on what you do on your computer and on the Internet. Here are some of the culprits:

Cookies: Websites plant these simple text files on your system. Some of them are legitimate, like the ones that let you personalize content on the sites you visit. Others collect information like your name, computer details, websites you visit and so on to make a fairly accurate marketing profile of you and sell that to advertisers.

Web Bugs: These are transparent GIF images, 1 pixel by 1 pixel in size embedded in an email or a site that will collect information like your computer IP address, the browser you’re using and what pages of that site you visited. If you are on the site that planted cookies on your PC, the Web Bug will talk to these cookies that take information conveyed in them and send it to the server that planted the cookie and Web Bug.

Trojans: A script kiddie’s favourite tool which allows him to control a remote computer illegally. When a computer is infected with a Trojan a port is opened by it which acts as a backdoor of the computer. Trojan is one of the deadliest programs available. Back Orifice and Sub 7 are two of the famous Trojans available. Some common features with Trojans are as follows:
    • Open your CD-Rom drive
    • Capture a screenshot of your computer
    • Record your key strokes and send them to the “Hacker”
    • Full Access to all your drives and files
    • Ability to use your computer as a bridge to do other hacking related activities.
    • Disable your keyboard
    • Disable your mouse…and more!

Spyware: What is Spyware? In easy terms, Spyware is software that transmits personally identifiable information from your computer to some place in the internet without your special knowledge. Spyware is typically not the product you install itself, but small add-ons, that you may or may not disable during install. In most cases, the EULA somewhere has a few lines telling you about privacy matters, but typically most users don‚t read the complete EULA and never know they got Spyware on their system.
    the following zip files contains the following files
    • Harms on the Net(Part I)
    • How Internet Cookies Work
    • Personal Security Demystified
    • Trojans FAQ
    • Web Bug FAQ

the last four are not mine i give credit to whomsoever it may concern
    Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

linux rtf viewers can be found in this site
    http://www.moochers.com/LinuxSite/in...l?ltexted.html

Banned
    Nice information but if you didnt write it you shouldnt have posted in in the Tutorials forum, the forum is for originally written tuts only.

i didnt know where to post it and and copy the whole tut i just collected information and compiled it and it pays to be truthful

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Thread has been moved from Security Tutorials to Misc Security (Misc security is good for when it doesn't fit anywhere else and when it's not an original tutorial)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

good tutorial even though it is not your own
    keep it coming
    The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=767