Thread: Tracing Programs

Tracing Programs

hey guys i didnt exactly know where to put this so i assumed under networking since its about tracing lol. So does anyone know of a highly accurate IP or like domain name/server name that could trace the ip down to say just the city that its in or something like that.

haha thanks it looks good from the site and hopefully i'll try it during tyhe next day. but is there any way to still trace an IP if its blocked threw routers or to still find the location of the host/serveR?

i think i know what you mean. if ip 1.1.1.1 is behind a router, yes and no. the trace would probably find the ISP that owns the block 1.1.1.* .then it would give you the location of that. that could be far away from the actual ip, so you never know for sure. for example, im behind a router and my trace shows me in a town about 35 miles away.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

are you trying to make domain site or whatever....
    too short ur site name...
    go on www.cjb.net txzz bb

I'm a Sam Spade fan, but tracing IP's isn't like it used to be. So you may run Sam Spade or similiar programs and the city displayed may not be even close to where the person is really at. My ISP is only 25 minutes away, however, run the IP and you would think I lived 300 miles from my current location. (might have to see if someone has written a tut on this yet, umm) Most previlant on dynamically assigned numbers. If the guy owns his own IP (static) then it should work well.

www.samspade.org

www.ripe.net/perl/whois?

happy hunting

Yes,

I like Sam Spade, but like the others it does not show where I am. A further complication is that I have noticed I do not always go to the same server farm. My ISP has several and I have been routed to at least two "local" ones. That's about 50 miles and 90 miles away.

Cheers

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    You could try doing a Border Gateway Protocol traceroute instead of a TCP one.

Just open a command prompt and type "telnet://route-views.oregon-ix.net/"

For info on BGP and the options, go to http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...gp.htm#1020548

The only graphical tools I could find were for *NIX, but here's a link:
    http://resources.openxtra.com/Projects/caida/
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

Try this. It may be what you are looking for.

http://www.hlembke.de/prod/3dtraceroute/