Thread: The more things change...

The more things change...

I'm supposed to be writing an informative speech about how the United States has changed in my lifetime, and I just realized that for all the conjecture, things have not changed all that much... or maybe just because I am a little older, I am starting to get a little clarity.

Sure, we have more technology, more luxuries, but our priorities are unchanged.

Anyway, I ran across this link while doing some research. http://www.4president.org/brochures/nixon68.pdf

It's a campaign brochure from Richard Nixon in 1968. I thought it was interesting to see how these exact same issues are still relevant today, almost verbatim.

Anyway, I thought it was worthy of mention.

Banned
    I moved here last August... if that ain't enough change for you...

nixon can say what he wants...i still "like ike"
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Regal Making Handler
    There is on old English saying that say's. The more things change the more they stay the same. Or something like that anyway.

Tedob1 your showing your age there mate.lol
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry