Thread: Opera Problem

Post Opera Problem

Ok, whenever i try to open opera, it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this file." This confused me a bit because this is just installed and i am in an account with admin privaleges. Anybody know what could be causing this?

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

"Generally, permission denied means that the server does not want to do what you ask it to. You may get this message when you have specified a proxy but forgotten to specify the port, or specified the wrong port, in which case you will try to send the proxy requests to an ordinary HTTP server that is not configured for proxy duties. Check your proxy settings and try again." This is from Opera support....this is about all I could find on your error. Hope it helps.
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey

well, that really doesnt relate, cuz i cant even get it open, but thanks anyway.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

have you tried running it directly from where you installed it?
    sometimes when ive moved programs around, then forgotten to change the shortcuts for them, i'll get something like this, since the shortcut isnt pointing to the right file, if youve tried running it directly from where you installed it and this is whats happeneing, have you checked your permissions on the opera folder, mebbe one of the user permissions isnt quite right or something like that, is the account you are using the actual admin account, or just a child a/c with admin privieges

Oh, I see. Are you using the latest version, 7.23. If not, try to install (or reinstall) that version without java (or if that doesn't work, with java). Sorry I misunderstood your first post.
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey

Opera == lamers

JUST USE MOZILLA OR FIREBIRD

phreeOn,

I feel that was uncalled for, as everyone uses their own preferable browsers for a reason. Advertising for FB and MZ did absolutley nothing to solve the origonal problem, and came off even a bit rude (seemingly making it act like him using opera made him a loser), when in fact he does just what you do. He uses what he likes and what works for him. I use IE (Myie2) to be exact. I used to be an avid fan of FB but stopped once the bugs became unbearable. Would you say the same thing to me, even though I am only doing what you do? Having your own choice and opinion? Please remember, that just because you worship something doesn't mean everyone must agree

I believe Wazz is correct. The best thing you could do would be to uninstall opera and then reinstall it. If that doesn't work, then perhaps you have a corrupt download and need to redownload it and try again.
    When I downloaded opera, it went very smooth and I didn't have any problems with it.(although Idon't use it and removed it.....it worked fine until then.)
    Please let us know the results, and cure to your problem, when you find it.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown