Thread: RUN dont seem to work..

Unhappy RUN dont seem to work..

Everytime I hit a command on RUN (like msconfig etc..) it always tells me "Cannot find the file"Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available".
    What could be the problem. What are those unavailable files? The only command initiated in run which seems to work is ping.
    Thanks in advance!

im running on windows98se.

well, first see if the commands point to a program this is actually on your computer. search for netstat, tracert, winipcfg, msconfig, fdisk, any other DOS programs. If they arent on your computer, that would be your problem.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

My bet would be your path environment variable got messed up some how...
    Try using run with the full path eg: "c:\windows\system32\notepad.exe" and see if it works.
    Also start a command prompt and type "path", make sure it contains the system folders; if it doesn't add it/them with "set path=C:\windows\system32;%path%;"

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Ok i tried using the full path and adding them "set path"..but it didnt work. I tried searching for DOS commands and i guess slick8790 is right..they arent in my computer.
    Anyway thanks...

You should be able to download them from Microsoft or you could search our great internet for them or better yet, they should be on your cd's somewhere.

Try the first option first.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-