Thread: "Jesus?? Hello? Hello? Are you there??... damn phone service"

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

"Jesus?? Hello? Hello? Are you there??... damn phone service"

You know, I believe in God and such but I'm sure that if Jesus (or the Lord or whoever) needs to get a message to me, they'd probably use something more reliable than text messaging:

No more text messages from Jesus
    Finnish company cuts heavenly mobile service

HELSINKI, Finland (Reuters) -- A service promising to answer people's prayers with a text message apparently sent by Jesus has been shut down after complaints by Finland's mobile services watchdog.

The heavenly service offered answers from Jesus in response to a text message prayer at the cost of a hefty 1.20 euros ($1.52) per message, but lasted less than a month.

"These kinds of services are against basic norms," said Ville Nurmi, ombudsman for Finland's mobile content watchdog, MAPEL.

Finland's Mobile G Host transmitted the messages, but declined to name the company that provided the replies from "Jesus." Chief Executive Marko Hakala said the service was axed as soon as he discovered what was being offered.

He declined to say how many prayers had been received, but added: "This was no gold mine. ... It seems you can't interest people in everything."

The Finnish tabloid Ilta-Sanomat tested the service before it was shut down. It sent a prayer of desperation that received the answer: "Remember: unless you follow God's will much better than priests and pharaohs, you will not be allowed into the heavenly kingdom."

Source: CNN
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

lol
    Who would have thought that people don't want to text prayers to a private company
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers