Thread: Reasons why you do/nt believe in God

Reasons why you do/nt believe in God

Well I was just wondering and wanted to know some of the reasons why you do/nt believe in God.

Before you post: This is not meant to start a flame war. If your gonna do that then dont post. All I am interested is in reading peoples points in a mature civilized way.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Now that you mention "flame" wars,

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
    But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
    http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/k...2&byte=4686401

First and, IMO, best reason to believe in God. Because he might get pissed off
    if you go around saying that he "doesn't exist".
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I think there is a God because there is no other way that we would be here.
    We'll all know when we're dead, so why don't you just kill me.

Banned
    I am agnositc simply because it can't be proved he exists or dosent.

It's a pointless debates, we have more important matters to be dealing with here.

Religion is the opiate of the masses, nothing more, nothing less.

For a good defense of God check out Anselm 'Proofs'.

I'm no good person, but yes, I do believe God and Jesus exist. I'm glad they (same) do too. Just hope I can pull myself together before they come back.

i definently believe in God, but the thing is I can't prove that He exists and better than someone can prove that He doesn't exist... it's all dependent on faith. one of my reasons for believing is that when a baby is developing billions of genes (I don't remember exactly how many) have to bond and develop correctly. taking the scientific approach, theoretically we should not all be so similar, much more of the genes should mess up than they do, and our race should have a much bigger variety.
    Red Hot Chili Peppers

I believe in God but i dont believe that you can prove he exists....you believe in God from experience not by proof...
    Is that the place where I am supposed to say sth clever and brilliant so that everybody understands how clever nice guy I am????
    Screw you guys I am going home!-Kartman

In my life i've gone from believing in Jesus to becoming an atheist and from there i've moved to not knowing and not caring. I can make an argument either way but pretty much: you can't prove a negative just as i can't prove that dragons were not real, but also just because you haven't seen god doesn't mean he's not out there somewhere.
    And as for the argument of: If there is a god then why do bad things happen to good people, well that is the gift/curse that is free will
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers