Thread: Windows 2050

Windows 2050

Windows 2050, anyone think there will be one ? Will microsoft still be around, and if they are will they still have the massive desktop world market share that they currently have ?

Any thoughts ?
    -

AO French Antique News Whore
    M$ will be around. Stronger for sure. Don't forget M$ have something that Linux doesn't have, millions of $ ready to spend in research. M$ is too user friendy, too much implend into the heart of maybe people to change to Linux. For sure Linux gonna be upgrade but the question is

When will be Linux will reach the same level of M$ on user interaction, easy to use, possibility to run legacy code? If Linux is more easy to use for end user that Windows, M$ will go down. Until then, dream on.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

the latest news reports from redmond state that windows2050 scheduled to be released in sept of 2049, will in fact be delayed until the febuary 2051, where upon it will be phased out later that month with the win2051 beta

Thats a pretty long time we're talking about...about 50 years...maybe M$ will go down because something else might come into the market...something better than Linux and M$...but who knows...its a pretty long time

maybe M$ will go down because something else might come into the market
    I don't see that happening, Microsoft has dominated the pc market :/ and most users don't like to learn new things, they like using what they know, I'm thinking that Microsoft will just keep growing until the gov. starts cutting them up like they did to AT&T
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

Re: Windows 2050

Originally posted here by mikester2
    Windows 2050, anyone think there will be one ? Will microsoft still be around, and if they are will they still have the massive desktop world market share that they currently have ?

Any thoughts ?
    The question should be "Are humans still going to be around." The way we are going there will only be cochroaches and Microsoft in 2050....
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)