Thread: Motherboard Manual: Intel 82430VX

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Motherboard Manual: Intel 82430VX

Hey everyone,

I have an old Pentium machine that I use to play around it. Recently the CPU fan has begun to die and I wanted to replace it. I found one that should work but rather than have a drive power connect it has a smaller motherboard power connect but damned if I can find the location on the motherboard for it.

So I'd thought I'd fire up Google and see if I could find it online. I haven't had much luck with Google. I was curious if anyone knew of a good (OLD) manual storage website.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

What is your pentium?

The lateral approach is to just attach a heatsink/fan that will connect to a normal power supply outlet?

I will see what I cann find out about your MoBo "this side of the pond" so to speak

Get back with that info please.

Cheers

If I could find one.. .. That's the problem...

I'm using a Cyrix 100 or 166 (can't remember). It's a oldie but goodie. Previously I had a CPU fan that had a molex adapter but when I bought these fans ($5 each) over the weekend, I didn't check the connectors. Low and behold it had the smaller, 3-prong connect as opposed to the larger 4 prong female connector.

I looked on the board but the only 3 prong connector I found was for TB SW (Turbo Switch -- this shows exactly how ancient this one is).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Hi MsMittens.. I found parts of the manual but it doesn't really cover the connectors all that well. I think you'll have to get an adapter or hack your new fan cable/connector up a little bit.

http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/fullyes/82430VX.html

I'll have another look around to see if I can find more.

edit : I'm not quite sure but I think this may be it..
    http://www.qdi.nl/download/document/...plorer/VX2.zip

Still, you're best bet is to cut the connector off of the old fan and solder the wires from the old connector to the new fan's wires.

Ya.. that's the one... A friend said I'd likely need a special Molex adapter (he has a few) but I wanted to double check to see if maybe I was blind or something..

great.. it's good to have techie friends with parts laying around..

Glad to hear it worked, I have a Cyrix 233 with fan , but your MoBo won't support it I am afraid

Cheers