Thread: IE problem

IE problem

Just wanted to get your thoughts on this guys.

I'm gonna try to fix this tomorrow, but heres the problem

Using Internet Explorer, we can view websites fine, but once we try to view a secure connection such as loggin into hotmail, or logging onto a website, it goes to "this page can't be displayed"

I tried turning all security settings way down, and everything else that I knew to do, but it still kept saying "this page can't be displayed" when I try to connect to secure connections.

Any ideas?

Maybe I should just delete IE and reinstall?
    =

I assume you use WinXp home or Pro....yea i would try that by going to add or remove programs and then onto the add/remove windows components...just if you didnt know
    did you also check for updates for the IE and what version is it?

Well its actually Windows 98, cause its a computer in a office that I'm trying to get them to update.

I guess thats what I'll do tomorrow then.

I was just thinking maybe there was a quick setting somewhere, cause I'm gonna be swamped moving servers around tomorrow.
    =

As with any similar problem, first things I would ask is..

1. What, if any, changes were done.. software installs/uninstalls.. ?
    2. That indeed, it only affects that one browser.. ? (not a larger issue)
    3. Have you tried an IE repair ? and a system file check ?

maybe some info/links this page here, might help.

In the end, if you need a full install of IE, then you could visit this post.

edit : I'm such a slow researcher/typist.. still I hope my post wasn't for naught..

Banned
    Yeah try a different web brwoser. Also it might be the proxy settings from you office connection, i know in school i turned all Security Settings and everything way to the lowest on a Win98/95 Box but i still got the "this page can't be displayed" page. And yeah i was logged in as an admin at that machine. Ask around the office if your proxy or office connection blocks some type of pages, like webmail pages and such.

Well I'm the admin of the everything over there, and set most of it up, and we don't have any proxys.

All we have is

Internet----cisco 2950 switch----computers.

I'll try reinstalling it tomorrow, or when I feel like doing it. lol

thanks.
    =

Regal Making Handler
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry