Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Annonomous Email

Originally posted here by Death2Eve
    Thanks peeps, iv got them both, Ok heres the million dollar question right here,
    Black ice defender gives me the person IP whos running scans and such on the puter, can i use that IP to "nuke" him off if the port is open? heh... iv been wanting to know that for a while but never actually asked... and also 1 more thing, does anyone have a quality nuker handy? i tell ya iv been trying to download them for a long time, but everytime i get one, it doesnt work, what the hells up with that? heh...
    No. BlackIce will give you the address of the computer which happens to be the last hop on its way to scan you. That computer may be a zombie host, or you may be the target of a bounce scan. You will then be attacking an innocent bystander. Bravo.

And the reason that WinNuke and similar skiddie programs no longer work is simple. The hole exploited by these programs were patched over 5 years ago. Learn something before you decide that you can do it.

Attacking innocents using dead exploits is not a good way to learn anything.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Pretty much, any conter attacks on an IP that hits your system will result in you hurting someone who at the moment has little control over their PC (aka they got a Big wooden horse in their com).

And usually it is just a skiddie looking for trojen holes and sub7 holes. So if you com is configured right then you are fine.

A good question to ask; I know of all the ones for Linux, but what is a good free IDS for Windows?

(oh and if you didn't get the cute little reference I made above the learn who Odysseus is)
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Yes i admitt i am a script kiddie. But black hat? no.
    P#33r Iz @# MyNd Ki||3r