Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: patches

but i have an admin who insisted that patches are depolyed due to security flaws and therefore should be grouped under security admin. how will you response to him?

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Are you this boss of this admin?

If you are I would change his job description to 'stop arguing'.

Does it matter where this role sits? What matters is that it is done and someone is either willing to take responsibility for this, because theay are a valuable employee, or they are not willing to accept responsibility.

If they wont accept the responsibility for this, find someone who will.

If you are not the boss of this admin, I would suggest that you accept responsibility for this role and make sure that everyone knows you are doing this for the good of your business, since you are a valuable employee.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Originally posted here by sentme_mail
    but i have an admin who insisted that patches are depolyed due to security flaws and therefore should be grouped under security admin. how will you response to him?
    I see someone is trying to play pass the buck here. Try to explain to the admin, what I have tried to explain to you here. Yes, patches are released to fix security flaws, but they are internal to the OS or application and must be viewed as such. If they continue to play pass the buck, I would go to your boss and explain, because of the added work involved with patch management you are going to need 1,2,3 more people in security admin to deal with work the server group refuses to take responsibility for. (that should ruffle some feathers )

Cheers:
    DjM

thanks for your reply..
    i would like to see more people put in there stand here.. thanks