Thread: ftp server problem

ftp server problem

Hi ,
    ok, i am in a universitary room and i d like to create my own ftp server, however i need to use a proxy, i know some proxys ip that are work, but i don't know how to use it , can you help me ?

I can help you realize you are an idiot... will that help?

You can use the proxies to connect to outbound servers if you're blocked by a firewall that filters non-standard ports, or even just filters the port you need. However to run your own ftp you will need inbound connections to be allowed. Assuming your university doesn't give everyone their own real IP, i'm guessing they are using NAT. Which means you would have to convince the admin to allow port forwarding to your internal IP for your FTP server.... You have a better chance of being elected president. If you run an ftp server, it will only be accessible by others in the university and to do that you won't need any sort of proxy set-up.

HT

I can help you realize you are an idiot... will that help?
    Why do you have to be mean? If someone doesn't know something and asks, just because you know doesn't give you the right to insult them.
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

Originally posted here by hiddeninclouds
    Why do you have to be mean? If someone doesn't know something and asks, just because you know doesn't give you the right to insult them.
    You obviously don't know me very well, or a lot of other people on this site, or what this site even stands for. Asking to set-up a ftp and suggesting using proxies to get around firewalling is bypassing the security that was set out in the first place. We are not here to help you bypass security, we are against that. So yeah I called him an idiot.... deal with it.