Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brute Force

Brute Force

Hi, I am new to these forums and I am interested in learning about password cracking. Me and one of my friends kind of have a bet that I can't guess his pass, and he can't do the same to mine. I guess I can just say that I am looking for a password cracker, or maybe a bruteforce-type program that can help me in finding his password. I am seriously interested in learning about this field, and if this is inappropriate, please let me know.

Thanks

Just to give you the heads up: LC4 only works on NT based systems. If your buddy has Win 9x, it will not work. IMHO, brute force is not the best approach to his password. They take a lot of time even with the available resources found in today's computers. I've found guessing being more successful at times .

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Hi, I am new to these forums and I am interested in learning about password cracking.
    I have knowledge in this but only to protect myself not to do on to others. I tried cracking my admin account Windows XP Pro cause I figure if I can do it so can a malicious user. The program I used was Infiltrator you can find it at www.webattack.com or www.download.com it didnt find that particular password but it found a password for another service that I left as default and didnt realize it. Heres a pic of Infiltrator in action. It took exactly 4minutes and 38 seconds to find the default password.

LC4 will bring up the winXP administrator password too. I tried it on my machine . In no way do I condone anyone to use it on someone machine's without the owners consent! It is illegal to use it without permision and you will get in trouble. College kids who wanna use it on your Computer Lab machines to install stuff: WARNING: YOU WILL GET EXPELLED IF CAUGHT!

College kids who wanna use it on your Computer Lab machines to install stuff: WARNING: YOU WILL GET EXPELLED IF CAUGHT!
    Exactly. Theres tripwire on all our systems try running software on it good luck you'll be caught before the applicaton even starts.

To do what most people have described to you, you are going to need local access to the machine, since I think you are talking about remote access... and I'm fairly certain you are talking about malicious activities, I'm not sure how much information I want to give you. It seems like a poor attempt at social engineering, but whatever. The fact of the matter is start doing some enumeration, find out usernames available, ports that are open, what's patched and what isn't... Brute Forcing is very ugly, and not exactly a simple thing to do remotely with the type of access you have. Look for other methods to get in first and then look into brute forcing the account. You can't brute force something if there's nothing there to start with... Find yourself a starting port and learn what you are doing first. Another person who wants to be spoonfed.. you people are really starting to disgust me and piss me off... Maybe it's that I'm in a bad mood, but read the ****ing FAQ and see what this site is about before you post your pisspoor questions, and grow the **** up "I wanna try and get my friends password". How old are you? ****ing 8? Cuz you sound like a lil bitch.

[Edit]
    I just noticed your nick... so I had to add more.. WTF is up with your nick? ohhh look at me i'm all l33t and stuff... for **** sake... I'm sick of you ****ing lil snots coming around here hoping for a quick way to make your friends think you are cool. You are a ****ing computer geek, face it. You are a snot nosed, snivelling lil dweeb. You will never get laid, you will never see **** that aren't your mothers or on a computer screen.... You'll never be loved. So go back to trying to break into your lil friends computer and making yourself feel like a big man, to make up for your lack of a penis... but leave us the **** alone.
    [/Edit]

ROFL HTRegz

I guess he told you l33750rz! LMFAO HTRegz. I didnt even realize the "name" until you pointed it out. Now I feel dumb for assisting him Looks like I didnt help the situation.

Wrong forum buddy...wrong site....bad option....bad day....bad time....how about leaving this site and saying you never got here you never met antionline you never had the chance to do sth different you never had the chance to learn how to become a hacker (not a script kiddie)....anyway if you are really interested in this site and in learning change your nickname and stay... you will find great assistance and if you wanna learn you will learn
    Is that the place where I am supposed to say sth clever and brilliant so that everybody understands how clever nice guy I am????
    Screw you guys I am going home!-Kartman

Well put HTRegz

Especialy not good to call yourself "l337" and then ask how you go about attacking passwords.....

l33750rz, I suggest you follow tyfons instructions.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes