Thread: Reinstall question

Reinstall question

This is going to sound foolish but I decided to wipe a new lap top( new to me) and reinstall. Everything went fine (with a little help from ms mittens) now when I try to install ms2000 it tells me that I can't do this from a dos prompt I've used this disk before so I know it works. The lap top is a tecra 8000, toshiba. It had 2000 on it previosly so I don't know am i just having a brain lock or what.

Thanks for any reply.

If you are speaking about Windows 2000 you might need to create a set of four boot disks to get your install going. (Because you dont have a bootable cd or you dont have a bootable cd-rom drive) Here are some instructions on how to create a Win2k boot disk. http://www.computerhope.com/boot.htm#07
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

check in your bios when the computer first boots, on my toshiba, i hit esc a few times then it tells me to hit f1 to go to setup options. Check your boot order, if you can put CD-rom first, then it should boot from the cd rom. If not, you will have to create boot disks as suggested before.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

thanks for the help hopfully this will work for me

later

One other thing to note is that there should be two installers. One is the windows-based installer that autoruns when you insert the CD. The other is the dos-based installer that you run when you want to load the OS from DOS. Make sure you are trying to run the correct one. Good luck!
    \"When you say best friends, it means friends forever\" Brand New
    \"Best friends means I pulled the trigger
    Best friends means you get what you deserve\" Taking Back Sunday
    Visit alastairgrant.ca