Thread: Upgrade RH8/9 to Fedora Core 1

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

Upgrade RH8/9 to Fedora Core 1

For all those who are considering upgrading to Fedora Core 1 (which should be any RedHat user), I have found a set of steps that are painless and perfectly accurate. I tested the directions on this site myself and it worked precisely as the directions explain.

Happy upgrading!

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~vschmi...redhat2fedora/
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    or you could go get a decent distro
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Antionline Herpetologist
    ....like Slackware or Gentoo or Mandrake
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

LOL,

You fellas don't seem to understand. These hosts are at work and I am forced to use them.

My personal *nix boxes include all 3 BSD flavors and Slackware 9.1

As for gentoo, well, isn't that like MS Windows??? HEHEHEHE
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Originally posted here by .: Shrekkie :.
    or you could go get a decent distro
    Practice what you Preach

One thing to keep in mind after the fedora upgrade. If you are a pine user, you'll need to grab an RPM compiled for Fedora to re-install it. For some reason, the Fedora build poo poos all over pine but I haven't invested any time to figure out why. Anyway, grab pine-4.58-2.i386.rpm and you'll be all set. For those who don't know, the pico editor comes along with this RPM, which is another reason why I throw it on there.

--TH13

Horsey, you should give links man. If you ever look for pine RPMs that are current, it's not easy lol. An install I did had no pine sadly so I had to look for it. All RPMs were out dated badly and all that was left was the source way. I ended up just setting up SSH on my SuSE box and using that.