Thread: day of mourning

day of mourning

Before "Sesame Street," before Mister Rogers and way, way, way before The Wiggles, there was a gentle man named Captain Kangaroo.
    Everybody has to go some time, but, no, tell me it isn't so!

http://www.timesstar.com/Stories/0,1...912292,00.html
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

My childhood icons are dropping like flies, or already gone. I remember that after my father bought our first TV, my sister and me sitting and watching the Captain. On a small semi-round b&w screened TV that only picked up 1 or maybe 2 channels. (Just dated myself...huh)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

yes you did moxnix. i still haven't gotten over the deaths of Buffalo Bob or Andy Devine...not to mention midnight the cat
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    I grew up watching the guy, I found out yesterday he lived less than 5 miles away from me.

Loved the ping pong balls.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Captain was cool, sure I barely remember him but he was cool, totally forgot about the ping pong balls, but now that image of a moose puppet (I think it was a moose?) getting pegged with balls is in my mind. lol.