Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 666

Hi Folks,

I want to argue the matter of number 666.

Why always the number 666 is associated with the deivel?

Some people say that this number is originally invented by Metal music bands,
    while others claims that this number came from the Bible.

Anyone know anything about this matter.

Cheers.
    Don\'t Be So HumblE>>>>
    You aRe N0T tHaT GreaT<<<<

Banned
    I heard it the number of the devil and also that it says XES meaning SEX backwards.

Banned
    Revelations, Chapter 13;16-18 King James Version
    And [the Antichrist] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save [except] he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
    Heavy: Add 121 to the value of each letter [A = 122, B = 123, ..., Z = 147] and you get 666.
    Metal: Add 123 to the value of each letter [A = 124, B = 125, ..., Z = 149] and you get 666.

That's the connection between Heavy Metal and 666

But then again:

Britney: Take all letters that are also Roman numerals, add them together, multiply by 666, and you get 666.
    Spears: Add 98 to the value of each letter [A = 99, B = 100, ..., Z = 124] and you get 666.

Some people say that this number is originally invented by Metal music bands
    I'm sure the Mesopotamians will be quite surprised to hear this. They should have gotten a patent.

Negative is quite right............Revelations of St. John.

What amuses me is those who claim to be "neighbour of the devil" 665 and 667...........any bozo should be able to work out that those houses are across the road. 664 and 668 are the "real" neighbours

Cheers

Many of the suggested interpretations use the numerical value of letters. For example, in Greek the first nine letters represented the first nine natural numbers: a=1, b=2, g=3, d=4, e=5, etc. The second nine letters represent 10,20,...,90, and the remaining letters are used to denote 100,200,... A similar system exists for Hebrew letters.

An early suggestion along these lines involved the name "Nero Caesar".
    http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/126.htm
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Regal Making Handler
    What, you mean to tell me that Iron Maidens, Number of the Beast. Was inspired by the Bible.
    Next you will be telling me the Devil came down to Georger and met a guy named,( can't remember) who played the fiddle.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I've Found these lines at Yahoo,,,,

Dear Yahoo!:
    Why is the number 666 associated with the devil?
    Nadir

Dear Nadir:
    The nefarious connotations of 666 weren't invented by some heavy metal band -- they are rooted in the Bible.
    The final book of the New Testament is Revelation, and for centuries theologians have pondered its highly symbolic, prophetic language. Revelation tells of impending Armageddon, an end of all time, when a great war will be fought between good and evil, and God will triumph. In Revelation, "the beast," also called the Antichrist, personifies evil.

Revelation, Chapter 13 speaks of the beast and how to identify his followers. According to verses 16 and 17, they will have the mark or the name or number of the beast on their right hands or foreheads. Verse 18 introduces the number 666 itself: "Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

It's unclear why the specific number 666 is the number of the beast. According to Dial-the-Truth Ministries, the number 6 is the number of man because in the Bible, God created man on the sixth day. Elsewhere in the Bible (Matthew 16:23), Satan is described as being "man-centered" (as opposed to God-centered). Thus the devil's number would be a twist on man's number. This is just one theory, and the number 666 has generated plenty of debate.

What do you think guyz? I still have some concerns.
    Don\'t Be So HumblE>>>>
    You aRe N0T tHaT GreaT<<<<

WHy do you have concerns, you have the number on your hand or forehead?

It is very interesting to learn or speculate where the number came from. Why that number? Totally interesting.

I suppose it is interesting to see how that number was chosen. As I am no religious, I just take it for granted. However, there was highway 666 out west, and they changed the name because it offends people. what the hell is that? No mixing of Church and State, just like with abortion. Religious groups that petition goverment to force their beliefs on my, ****ing piss me off.

-Cheers-