Thread: Word of Mouth.Com

AO Part Timer

Word of Mouth.Com

Word of Mouth recently sent me an email. "Someone is checking up on you." They supplied a link to information about email and a few other things.

By visting the site I can that I must be a member to contact this individual whom is searching on my email. If infact s/he does even exist. Now the part about why I posted today.

First has anybody used, seen, or even heard of this service?
    Secondly, isn't it possbile that this company harvest my email from somewhere. Did a search themselves and then told me about it in attempt to draw me into a registration with them? If you knew my email was 36739@sbcglobal.net it narrows down my isp a bit doesn't it?

Here is the link they sent me via email.

Kinda fishy isn't it?

/edit f1xed typoz

I've gotten those emails before, a few from word of mouth, and some from sites like them. I just leave them alone, ones i've gotten in the past are annoying:
    for each email you provide you get clues to the person who provided ur email!
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

Its a scam , i have seen it before. Google will find info about it
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Dead Man Walking
    Your not the first person to ask about this bud. From the digging i did ( and it was a while ago) if yiou get far enough into the registration process it attempts to force a D/L for some spyware crap. I could be thinking of a diferent site but something tells me thats the right one. I will do some more digging when i have the time this weekend

AO Part Timer
    Originally posted here by ZomBieMann77
    Your not the first person to ask about this bud. From the digging i did ( and it was a while ago) if yiou get far enough into the registration process it attempts to force a D/L for some spyware crap. I could be thinking of a diferent site but something tells me thats the right one. I will do some more digging when i have the time this weekend
    Anymore what doesn't install spyware. I didn't try and register with them, so I am not sure if it comes with spyware or not.

lumpyporridge.......I had kind of figured it was a scam. What can't google find nowadays?

Thank you all for your info and opinions.

I used to get those emails regularly - I tried to contact the admin address in case it was a genuine site and they had made a mistake but I just got an automated response. In the end I just banned all email from @word-of-mouth.org/.com and some attglobal.net address they used as well.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.