Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help...

Thanks HTRegz,

Yes my resume does have that info on it... but the mp3 can only be found on my PC as it was very sensative to me... noone knew about it! (Sorry, what is a "share"... and a "subnet"??)

About the passsword... yes, i think that would be fairly easy to work out... i believe they cracked my hotmail account which uses the same password as most other things i use..

He sent a message to my gf using my faceparty account saying "i think you should just bend over and take it"

Good point to as i can't be 100% sure that i was hacked...just that he has my resume and that mp3 which was only on my pc..?

cheers
    moses

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    theseal, don't take those comments personally. A lot of people come here looking for ways to social engineer many of the members into giving far more advice on how to break into systems (or even convince the members to break in for them). It's good to be paranoid sometimes.

That said, is anything that we've suggested or asked helped/given you some direction to go in? Given that you turned off your firewall means we really don't know how or if they got in. Could it be the personal information was given to the "attacker" by the dejected fling?

Why did you turn off the firewall?

Have you checked for any trojans on the system? If the answer is no, then you might want to do that before changing passwords as it would be useless to change passwords if they are listening on your desktop (so to speak).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

OK here we go....

Share: A share is a point on your computer (drive or folder) that is made available to a remote computer system. If you have the folder with your mp3 and your resume shared... then they could have easily grabbed it that way.

Subnet: A networking term. It's a group of consecutive IP addresses. If you were on a Class C network.. you would have a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask and this would mean that anyone from say.. 192.168.10.0 - 192.168.10.255 if on the network. That's a very very vague description, however you can research it for more details, for now suffice it to say they could scan a large chunk of computers all at once, or one after the other.

So I have a share available, someone finds it open. They connect to it \\<IP> and boom they can access the files on it. They simple drag them over to their computer and they've got your files on their computer. It's really really simple.

Peace

hi,

yes the advise is slowly being gathered and put together to form some kind of action for me to take... at the moment it's that maybe i need to find out more info on this person by unblocking them on my msm... but that may be dangerous if he really is psycho.

I wanted to host an online game like Ghost Recon and it only worked without the firewall...

I read an article on some software that is way above my head... sub7 and aohell... is it possible he could have used that to gaion access to my pc??

I have nortan antivirus and run new definitions each week... so no trojans that i know of... there was 1 that couldn't be deleted tho i think...

It could be that the attacker was given info by the fling but the fling happened about 6 months ago and this s*** has only been going on for 2 weeks or so. Also, the fling was used by the attacker to get to me and violate my life... he named her as "louise".. i only knew her as "lou" ... he gets his kicks by freaking me out by any means... he has used the fling to do this...

S*** *** ******* *****

Oh no.... you mean to say that when i use winXP to share a folder it can be shared to anyone who connects to my pc in some way?? I have 2 pc's at home and share info on both of them. I am sharing my C drive... and possibly my docs.... is that bad?

thanks again

Sorry there theseal, I only read part of your posts and I misqued pretty good on this one.
    Connection refused, try again later.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Originally posted here by theseal
    S*** *** ******* *****

Oh no.... you mean to say that when i use winXP to share a folder it can be shared to anyone who connects to my pc in some way?? I have 2 pc's at home and share info on both of them. I am sharing my C drive... and possibly my docs.... is that bad?

thanks again
    I'd say yes. Might want to disable sharing.

Also, you might want to do some research into which ports that Ghost Recon uses when you are playing. That way you can keep your firewall up without compromising your security. Subseven and aohell are detectable by AV software (assuming he hasn't created his own trojan). You should update your AV software more regularly than once a week. About every other day sounds more appropriate.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

OK Kid it works like this:

DO NOT SHARE

Try the Speers 485 grain, semi-jacketed hollow point in .450 ACP..........moves ballistic penduli, and scumbags, real cool IMHO (of course )

OK if you are into .38 S&W............try a 168 grain wadcutter..........4.5 grains of Bullseye, and load the pill back to front......."they cannot wait to lay down and die"

Have a nice day

Cheers

And do not try it at home, unless you know what you are doing?

no problem relyt...

cool... i disabled sharing... i downloaded sub7 but really have no idea what it can do so i deleted it but now norton pics up some of its files that i can't delete... "if you play with fire..."!

anyway, i know hacking is not for me now...

Please boot into safe mode and try again?

Cheers