Thread: Uninstalling Nero

Uninstalling Nero

Hi there,

I'm trying to delete Nero from my computer, i'm using windowsME but when i click on 'empty recycle bin' i get

: Cannot delete inCD : Access is denied. The source file may be in use.

I've tried using my registry editor but when it gets down to the last couple of files it just won't delete them. Any advice?

I don't know whether or not it's got some type of parasites that are preventing me from deleting it but it seems like i'm having the same type of problem that i had with eAnthology and it's habit of rooting itself in my computer.

Have you checked that these programs don't have any processes currently running, because if they did the operating system wouldn't allow them to be deleted.
    -

I would try uninstalling it instead of deleting it but I think uninstalling it now will be bit of a problem because you have deleted some of the files. you may have to reinstall nero to uninstall it or you could use the restore option to set your computer back to a time before Nero was installed

InCD begins automatically when you start Windows. I can't remember the program I used, but Spybot (http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...ml?tag=lst-0-1) has the same functionality. Just goto the startup processes and disable InCD. Reboot, or give it the three fingers, and it should take care of the problem.

Yeah i'd just downloaded spybot before i made this thread, i tried the uninstall wizard but something (sorry can't remember what) came up and wouldn't let me use it so thats why i've been trying another way to do it. Houdini do you mean the Windows startup process? The only thing i have left in a file is the Ahead file which has Nero in it.

Have you rebooted the machine ? Usually when that happenes to me with applications, I usually reboot the machine, ending all the tasks and recources the program is using. Then when you empty your bin, the files that are being deleted arnt using any of the computers recources.

If that doesent work, try going to your End Task screen and find the task the file is using. End the process, then delete it from the bin.

These 2 ways usually work for me all the time.

Next time you want something uninstalled, just to My Computer, Control Panel, Then Add/Remove Programs, look for Nero and then click delete.

Yeah, it should be in the startup processes. It you start spybot in advanced mode, and click on tools, (*I Think), you can view and disable windows start up processes.
    [shadow]Wizard In Training[/shadow]

I'll try rebooting in a minute but i think it'll just start itself up again. I went to tasks and theres nothing there except PC Health and something called Tune-up application and the end task option isn't enabled for them.

The one file that i'm having problems with at the moment is : Res.dll. It's an application extension located at : InCD RW UDF Tools, this is in C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD.

Looks like i'm reinstalling it because when i've used the shredder it's still there it won't delete.

edit > > > Thanks Ice i rebooted it and it worked. I should of just done that in the first place but it baffled me because i couldn't turn it off at all. Cheers anyway.

Thumbs up

as u told u r using winME first go to Run and run the msconfig.exe and check in startup tab whether any program named incd is activated if them deactivate and restract the machine and run , else just download system mechanic from www.iolo.com and run the registry cleaner in it and clean the registry and now empty the recylebin it should clean it . waiting for u r feedback.dd